Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No RTTY Monitor Phones/speaker

W9ILY
W9ILY Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
My RTTY "diddles" from MMTTY when transmitting can no longer be heard in my phones or powered speaker. I'm using a 6500 with SSDR v2.5.1. If I choose "PC Audio" the monitor tones are fine. The monitor button IS pressed and the volume slider is above zero but there is no difference. This worked during the Russian RTTY contest but now has changed. The monitor tones on CW and SSB audio are fine Ideas? 

Comments

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Ok.  the first question is how many times and in how many contests have we worked OM? :-).  I think i have at least 50 qsls from you in LOTW hi hi.

anyway hope all is well.  Sometimes, if you leave DAX on, it can start to misbehave.  If you haven't tried yet the good ol 3 finger salute on the PC, give it a go.  that usually solves unexpected muted audio in 2.5.1.  LMK.. if no workie we can cover some of the other possibilities.  (PS a restart of the dax panel works.. sometimes.. but in my experience driving the platform and doing pre-contest checks, a solid reboot would be best.

let me know

Chris
    N6WM

• W9ILY
    W9ILY Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Chris,
    What a guy! You hit it right on the nose. A cold reboot of the PC fixed everything. I should have thought of that! And yes, we sure have had lots of QSOs with one of my favorites BARTG75 coming this weekend.
    John W9ILY
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Fantastic.. glad to hear it.  Good luck in the contest!   curious on your 75 baud settings..
  • Sterling, AK1K
    Sterling, AK1K Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Usually when I start to have DAX problems, killing DAX by clicking the X on it's window and then restarting it fixes the problem and I'm back in business without rebooting the whole PC. 
    Good Luck, Sterling, AK1K
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    That works some times, but with many years of use I have discovered when it comes to the RTTY sidetone.. more intensive intervention is required.  My process is usually to **** and restart dax, and if that doesnt work.. reboot.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Mike et al.. This one is resolved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.