Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No RF Pwr output on meter, SWR meter 1 bar on "TUNE"

Bob
Bob Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi all, I've been a 6500 owner for a number of years and just picked up a second one used for another site (private sale, used).

I'm unable to see any power output on the RF meter and when I press "TUNE" I get a single thin red bar in the SWR meter.  This is regardless of band, mode, physical antenna selected, antenna port used, etc.  I've done a "stare and compare" of all settings with my second working unit and don't see any relevant variances.

I've done the factory reset of the radio.  Power output is set to 100W and tune to 10W, although I've run the tune power all the way up with no changes on the meters.

ANT1 is selected for both RX and TX in the slice, the "TX" is red, Max Power is set to 100 in Radio Setup.  The receiver works and I can see meter deflection in the compression window with the hand mic. 

I'm stumped and sure hope I'm not missing something obvious.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob, N9GMT

Comments

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Do you have a dummy load by any chance?

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Doesn't sound good but have you checked under "radio setup" then "TX", and then "max power out"? Good luck with it.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Please try the test connected to a dummy load. Otherwise, it’s a trip back to Flex. Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2019
    To follow up with Mack's comments, a ScreenShot of SmartSDR is very helpful.  Please post one.

thanks
  • Bob
    Bob Member
    edited May 2019
    Screenshot of SmartSDR attached.
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    i assume you've checked the inhibit transmit button
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Where is that!?
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    well, it used to be under the radio setup in old version, im using new version, like John said look under settings - radio setup - TX - at bottom power block should have 100 in box.
    not sure after that!
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2019
    It looks like you have your transmit bandwidth set to 0K.  I'm not in front of a computer, so I can't check why.  Can you try picking another mode?
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I'm fairly new to Flex and have not explored all the options but when I press Tune or MOX, my Band scope goes flat except for my transmit frequency because there is no antenna Yours seems to still be receiving.
    ntenna connected.  

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I noticed full duplex is on, would that have any effect
  • Rob Smith
    Rob Smith Member
    edited May 2019
    I also have no power out display on meter yet definitely transmitting the correct power
  • Rask
    Rask Member
    edited November 2021
    Rob, Or anyone else, did you find a solution for the no RF meter ( or SWR) indications in SmartSDR? I am having the same symptoms with a brand new out of the box 6600M. Definitely seeing correct RF output on external meter and able to make contacts, but nothing on SmartSDR RF or SWR meters. Thanks! Cheers
  • Mike-VA3MW

For all watching this and you are having an issue with no RF out for some reason, your first path would be to open a support ticket.

If your meters are not working and rebooting the client and the radio does not resolve it, again, please open a ticket.

When the meters are not working, the LAN data is not making it from the radio to the client for some reason.

(And, FDX being on would not be related to this symptom)

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Something to check - select CW then check the CW tone frequency. If it is too low, no Tune power. I have mine set @ 700 Hz.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.