Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no reeive on new flex 6300

Options
Joe Dotson
Joe Dotson Member ✭✭
just got this in today and after setting up i have no receive on any bands, any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Joe

There are a  number of things that could cause this, especially for a new user.  So, we are going to need a few more details.

Can you take a good screen shot of your SmartSDR screen and past it here so we can review your settings?

You might also want to watch this Video, SmartSDR 101 as it might point out a few things that would be new to you.  

Mike va3mw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJteC7p59ZU

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hello Joe
    If you could answer a few questions
    What version of SmartSDR are you using and are you using a computer/ Maestro ?
    Do you have the ANT set to the ANT1 port and Antenna connected to port 1?
    Do you have Powered Speakers like computer Speakers Plugged into the back of the radio in the Speaker port or head phones plugged into the Head phone jack? 
    If you could answer these questions it would be easier to get you going

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • Joe Dotson
    Joe Dotson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    version 3.0.19 and yes of course i have speakers. just no receive, plenty of white noise.
    ant is connected to port one and selected on the computer to ant 1
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    If you don't get things working soon, I would think a factory reset is needed. then see how things are.
  • Joe Dotson
    Joe Dotson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    how is the factory reset done?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Joe, I doubt a factory reset will resolve this.  

However, you may want to check your AGC-T settings and if your PreAmps are on or off.

Also, what bands are you trying to listen to.  

Please provide a screen shot of your SmartSDR screen so we can make sure that your settings are correct.  Did you get a chance to watch the video?

Many thanks.  
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
     Also, Check  And make sure your filters are open. I have had no RX and wondered what was wrong and noticed that my blue filter window was at a very minimum. If this window is at it's minimum, you wont hear anything. Make sure you widen it out...... Just a thought.. Good luck
  • Joe Dotson
    Joe Dotson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Here is where I’m at, just bought this from flex and first hook up today so no prior knowledge. I have went through all the setup and first run videos and what I seen was install the software and connect the radio and it should be on air to receive but no matter what I do it’s like it’s hooked to a dummy load. Yes., Correct antenna is selected and I hear plenty of white noise but no signals on any ban any mode.image
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Joe, a few things to try: Click the blue (rx) Ant1, and select Ant2 just to be sure... If that is not it, leave Ant2 selected and physically move the antenna to the Ant2 connector to verify that it is not a bad connector. Verify that the antenna is really connected to the coax you are connecting to the Flex. Touch a cliplead to the ant connector to see if you get an increase in the noise floor. If so, suspect the ant to coax connection. 73, Len, KD0RC
  • Joe Dotson
    Joe Dotson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    well i tried all this many times before making the first post as i do know a little bit about troubleshooting. i talked to a nice gentleman on the phone from flex named ken, he did some trouble shooting and thinks it something wrong with the relays circuit. i am waiting for a return label to send it back for repair.
    thanks for the help
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Sorry to hear it has to go back. At least you know that it was an actual problem with the radio. I hope you get it back quickly. 73, Len
  • Joe Dotson
    Joe Dotson Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    yeah thanks for your help, i just hope the turn around isnt to long

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.