Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no receiver audio

KC0EM
KC0EM Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Hi,

I wanted my 6300 mainly for digital modes. I got to wondering this afternoon what the audio sounded like, so I plugged in a set of computer speakers. There is no sound coming from the speakers.  They are working. After reading what seems like 1000 comments about no audio, I am totally confused. Does anyone have a simple answer to my problem? The rig works beautifully on the all digital modes.

VC

KC0EM

Answers

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Where are you exactly plugging in the computer speakers?  Lineout of 6300? or Computer?
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

Do  you have the speakers turned on, top right of screen?  Where are the speakers plugged into the 6300?  Are you sure the speakers work ok?  They should work fine if the speakers are turned on.

Must be something simple.  Jim K4JAF

• Robert Kearbey
    Robert Kearbey Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I have. Flex 5000. In order to use external speakers I use a small amplifier that plugs into the external speaker outlets. Just a thought. Would love to have a 6300 but am very happy with 5000. Bon k6dds
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Check the upper volume control if you have not already on the very top right, some people don't find it right away.

http://s707.photobucket.com/user/llav...

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    When I tested a 6500 last year, you could not hear transmitted digital mode audio using SmartSDR.  To hear one's own tones you had to "fool" Windows via Windows sound settings.  I am not sure if this issue has been resolved by newer versions of SmartSDR.
  • KC0EM
    KC0EM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Into the jack on the back of the 6300.
  • KC0EM
    KC0EM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You solved the problem. I saw the word "Remote" and that confused me. Once I turned on the speakers everything was okay. Thanks for the helping hand.
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Are you using "powered" speakers? It's not like other radios that have an "ext speaker out" (non-powered). They must be powered speakers for the Flex 6000 series...

My .02

• KC0EM
    KC0EM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks to everyone for their help. the problem is solved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.