Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No PTT from 6700 to Amp

Richard
Richard Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
After attempting to have the OM4K talk to the 6700 System and doing some Driver Updates the PTT Line does not Key the Amp anymore.  6700 Keys up fine....  Any ideas as to what has changed?  Nothing obvious here.

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Would you elaborate on what you mean by

1) OM4K talk to the 6700
    2) driver updates

Isn't the PTT line simply an RCA connector between the transceiver and the amp? In other words, isn't that almost a hardware connection between the two? How are you toggling the amp from stby to oper?
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Yes it is. I was attempting to use either Cat or DDUTIL and did not really change anything for fear of screwing something up. This utility and or a CAT Process is being suggest to allow the Amp to follow the 6700 Frequencies. You are correct. The PTT Line is simply a wire with two RCA Connectors in each end. Key up the radio and nothing happens on either two Amps that I have tried. Remove the Plug from the 6700 and ground or short center to shield and the Amp Relays kick in.
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Make sure you have the proper to port on in the radio setting txt panel Mike
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

This gets a lot of people when they first install ddutil, check this box for manual TX control.

• Chuck Smith
    Chuck Smith Member
    edited February 2017
    You don't need DDUTIL for the OM4K no advantage to it, just use cat and Flexradio on the OM4K.
    Check Settings>radio>transmit to be sure the RCA port is enabled
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That may well be it, Chuck. As for root cause analysis the amplifier should work independent of DD util by listening to the ptt line.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Larry,  As i mentioned earlier I really did not check any thing on he DDUtil Windows.  I was waiting for Rodney from Flex to call to go over some of the issues.  He must have been busy and never called so I just shut down the DDUtil Program.  MY window has nothing checked off in that column.   Thanks for your input.  It does mean a lot for all the help.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Care to explain further Mike?  I realize I may have changed something but I made a strong attempt "not" to but stranger things have happened.  TNX

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Chuck I tried that for hours and was getting a Missing Driver Warning.  Tried numerous times to load the driver but to no avail.  That is my computer problem I believe and is separate from this issue.   I was suing the OM4K via the Manual Mode with Auto Tune without a single problem with the exception of it not following the band or segment automatically.  That was no problem and I could live with that while I figured out what was going on with the driver messages.   TNX

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

He is talking about the TX port selections in the radio setup/transmit tab.

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Was just copying the same thing see above  

Settings>radio Setup>Transmit

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    TNX guys... i have always had the "ACC TX:" Enabled as it came from the Factory and never changed it.   I just tried each one separately and then all and still NO Amp Keying....  See my frustrations.......
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    are you sure ddutil is turned off and not running in the back ground? if it is either turn it off or check the manual TX box in the photo.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    One thing I notice that has changed.....   Under the Icon of the Flex 6700 I have my Name then Flex-6700 - WB4VMH and then the "Dot with the In Use (Owner-PClocal".  I do not remember seeing that in the past.  Note Ihave had my 6700 for almost 2 Years.  Only since I tried to "play" with the new OM4K and linking it to the Flex have I had this issue.  Any ideas of the cause of the In Use (Owner-PClocal".?
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Might seem **** but to ask. You do have an RCA cable from the radio to the Amp PTT Mik e
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Also you should check your tx cable with an ohm meter to make sure its closing on transmit.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    To all my fellow Flex Owners....  THANK YOU for pushing me in the right directions.  As an EE I was getting frustrated.  A little bit of interaction with DDUtil and Fog in the cockpit I was able to get back up and running.  Watch out when removing wires that you put them back where they belong.  Don't put hem in the PTT Location when they need to be put into the TX1 - 3 location and have those location "Enabled.".  It all started with the interaction of the DDUtil and snowballed from there.  In any case I am back up and running..... TNX es 73's  **** - WB4VMH
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Glad you got it figured out 73 Mike N9DFD
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Mike,

Again,  TNX to all who helped.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.