Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no power out when maestro is in ssb tune mode

Jeff
Jeff Member ✭✭
I have a Flex Maestro and 6600.  I use these in combination with a KPA 500 and KAT 500 Tuner.

With the internal tuner bypassed, I used to be able to press the Tune button on the Maestro and provide a signal for the external tuner to tune when in USB or LSB mode.  Now when I press the Tune button I don't get any power output from the 6600.  If I change the mode on the 6600 to AM, then I do get a signal output to the external tuner.

If I bypass the external tuner and activate the internal 6600 tuner, it tunes in LSB or USB mode.

In all cases, the power output level setting in the Maestro indicates in should be transmitting with a power level of 10 watts.

When I test the tune function using SmartSDR for Windows and my PC, selecting the tune button generates a signal for my external tuner to use in LSB or USB modes.

The Maestro used to work the same way.  

The 6600 provides full output when modulation is present in USB or LSB.

I am running Version 3.0.27.131 on the 6600 and Maestro.

Any ideas on how to restore this function in the Maestro?

Thanks

Jeff
KD6RC

Answers

• Wayne Price
    Wayne Price Member
    edited September 2019
    My 6600M has started doing the same thing.  From a power off boot, with no network connection, there is no way in SSB to get power output in TUNE.  For such operations, I have to switch to CW mode.
    Wayne W5GIE
  • Phil - AA4MY
    Phil - AA4MY Member
    edited September 2019
    My 6700 is doing the same, but with SmartSDR on my main PC.  TUNE works fine on my iPhone, or on a second computer running SmartSDR.  Both are running 3.0.27.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    my Flex 6600 does the same thing with SSB on 3.1.7  it will tune in CW but not in SSB
    it goes into tune mode but no power or signal out of the radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.