Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No power out on Flex 6600

Rob Monsipapa
Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
No power out when transmitting on Flex 6600
Running v2.4.9
Win 10 Home v1903  OS Build 18362.592

Everything looks fine and it will tune, I get incoming audio but i do not hear myself when I hit MON and I get no power out.  I checked all the mic connections and and still nothing.

The only thing I've done lately is upgrade my router but I don't see how that would affect anything.  Radio was still able to connect at start up, DAX, CAT and SDR all started fine.  Wondering if something I'm not aware of changed and I just can't see it.

Would appreciate ANY help.

Thanks
Rob - AK7RM

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    The power is not turned all the way down is it? I have done that twice already... 73, Len, KD0RC
  • N8AUM
    N8AUM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Screen shot of ur settings might help ?
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    What mode are you using?  If voice perhaps no modulation?

Can you try CW and see if you get power out in that mode?

What happens if you hit tune button?  Do you get power out then?

If you've tried all of these and it is still not working I'd try a factory reset.  Hopefully you have your profiles backed up because the reset will wipe them clean.
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    No, power set to 90 watts
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Will submit latter today, currently at work, good idea, probably something simple, fingers crossed
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Mode is VOICE. Don’t have a key to try CW tone. It tunes just fine, right sown to 1.3/1 SWR... factory reset as a last resort!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Just do a factory reset, it is easy and painless. remember to save and store your profiles.
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Rob,
    I fully agree - factory reset only as a last resort. In the 5 years that I have owned my Flex I have had to do a factory reset to fix problems only twice, and that was back when I was on the alpha test team running alpha releases. Perhaps a factory reset will fix the problem, but you won't know what caused the problem, and won't know what to do when it happens again, so it's just sweeping the problem under the rug. In my opinion it's worth more digging before you throw in the towel and reset the box.

Do you get 100W out in Tune mode if you increase the Tune Pwr slider to max? If so, your PA is likely fine. On the Phone/CW panel is something other than MIC (like ACC or PC) selected as the audio input source? Mic gain OK? Finally, do you have a spare mic you can substitute to make sure your mic is OK?

Best of luck & 73,
    Doug K4DSP

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I had several times issue that I do not have any output in FT8 or SSB, only CW.
    SSDR restart did not help.
    Radio power cycle cure this issue (for me) on 6600.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

How do you do a radio power cycle?
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I think he's referring to completely removing DC power from the radio as opposed to just cycling the power via the front panel power button.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    By power cycle I meant - turn it OFF, wait for 1 min, turn it ON.
    it worked for me few days ago.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    CHECK Tx Band settings:

Menu -->  Settings ---> Tx Band Settings  and check if accidentally  delete a mark...I did....then I have power in all bands except 40 mts.......solved when I marked again
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I'll hazard a guess, check your box just above the processor button to make sure
    the correct input for your audio input is selected. I use the balanced input and
    will get no audio if the mic input is selected.
    Had it change a couple of times unexpectedly, so don't rule out the obvious or not
    so obvious. Good luck.
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

It's set to MIC
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Tried it, no joy.. thanks for the suggestion.
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

1) unit does tune while the power slider is set to max, i'm only tuning at 10watts though.
    2) Audio input is set to MIC
    3) I don't have another mic that will work with the flex but will check to make sure.
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020

OK, so this is strange, I was looking at doing a full factory reset so I went to export profiles.  Noticed that the GLOBAL, TX and MIC profiles had "v2.3.7 Profile 122618" even though I'm running v2.4.9

After I saved it I saw the Mic meter jump as I talked and bam, it's function fine.  Sad thing is I don't know what it was before I exported the profile.  Located just above the TUNE MOX buttons...   What the heck!  Crisis averted.... 

Once again you guys had good advice that lead me down the right path and it's been corrected.

Thank You

Rob - AK7RM

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Did you look to TX settings?
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes, see the posted just above this one!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.