Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Power Out - FT8 - on Remote Laptop

Options
W2ECK
W2ECK Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Have a new to me Win 10 HP Elite Laptop that I am running for remote ops with WSJT-X. Program is receiving FT8 fine but not getting any power out on my 6600. Have looked thru archives but haven't found a solutio. When the WSJTX program goes to TX, I get a red TX button on my 6600, see a spike on the spectrogram, see movement on the Vu meter in on windows sound control panel - playback panel. My Tx bandwidth is set at Lo 50 & Hi 4000. But.. I see no RF pwr out in the SSDR pwr meter or any movement in the SWR window. Have tried restarting DAX- no help. In DAX, Tx Stream is on, as is RX for slice A. Seeing same issues in Fldigi in the PSK mode. Any ideas on what may be causing the lack of power out ??

73 Paul w2eck

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Paul

First thing to confirm, does the same setup work when you are not running remote?  

Do you see audio showing up in the SmartSDR DAX running on the laptop (both for local and remote)?

Make sure you have DAX TX selected as an Audio Input in SmartSDR as well.

A few screen shots do help to diagnose the problem.  One of SmartSDR and another of SmartSDR DAX.  It also would not hurt to see the Audio settings panel in WSJTx.

Mike 
  • Dawg Fan
    Dawg Fan Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    It's a Windows problem. You are not getting modulating audio to rig. I ran audio troubleshooter and restarted windows a couple of times to fix it. I had same issue two weeks ago on a computer I had not used in a while.
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    - Yes the same setup does work - when not remote
    - Yes I do see audio in DAX when remote
    - Yes Dax is selected as audio input- blue dax button is lit
    - three screenshots attached

73 & tnx for help
    Paul w2eck

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have restarted Windows 10 a number of times- no joy on fixing problem. What Windows setting do you think was changed for you that fixed the no power out?

tnx for help
    73 Paul w2eck
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thanks Paul

Can you do the same screen shot while transmitting remotely?

Mike 
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Mike - attached pic while in Tx. btw: am using Slicemaster- not sure if that matters.

73 Paul w2eck
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Paul

There are a few bits that help narrow this down.   When you took the above picture of SSDR what does SmartSDR DAX look like?  Is there Audio out showing in the TX Stream?

Transmit audio travels from WSJTx to SmartSDR DAX to the Radio.  When the Radio gets the audio, it does show up  in the LEVEL window.  

Somewhere in between, it is getting dropped.  

I have this from time to time, and my solution is to shutdown WSJT and DAX and restart them.  I also use SliceMaster.

In my shot attached, we want to make sure that DAX is connected to the right thing and that you see RED TX Audio while in transmit from your remote.

Mike va3mw

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Mike- it appears windows is seeing a signal but no red Tx in DAX

73 Paul w2eck
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Paul

Let's get a support case opened for you.  I have exported this to support.  Keep an eye on your email.

Mike
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Mike - thanks

73 Paul 
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thanks to a great Teamviewer session with Eric Wachsmann, we were able to solve the No Power out issue on my remote laptop when using the WSJT-X program. Turned out the issue was also causing no power out also in SSB using a USB headset and Vox. We were able to determine that some of the Audio Device names were scrambled (likely during a Windows Update).  Once these were straightened out, WSJT-X worked fine. Then tried a test of the USB headset and that also worked. 
    The customer support provided by Flex is truly second to none. Thanks guys & girls.

73 Paul w2eck

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.