Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No output power

2»

Comments

• N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes set to 100 and no on DD but I do run FlexMeter and it shows zero output, if you watch my YouTube you will see it. My guess is that the Flex people forgot to enable TX on the PA deck. The radio just came back from the factory to have the CPU fans replaced, twice! I sure hope they can just remote in and issue the command to turn on the final RF deck.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    So sorry, I would be livid too.... I also hope it is an easy fix.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Fan speed controlled by CPU, temp of baseplate, possibly Tx inhibit line issue with no feedback of Fan RPM to CPU. May need another trip to Texas - Let's Hope not !
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If it does have to go back I may ask them to just cross ship a new unit.
  • José Antonio - EA3AWY
    edited October 2016
    Hi Rory, I have same problem in my new 6500 no output power, but receiver works well, i send my 6500 to Germany in FlexradioTechnical Service in Europe, and change some electronic cards inside of equipment and now works and transmit OK.
  • John K6VFR
    John K6VFR Member
    edited October 2016
    Rory, I have had the same problem...simple fix, although evidently temporary, is to change the mic output from default to something else and then go back to default.  This should work, at least this works with mine.  Very frustrating, especially when this was reported way back 2 years ago and I guess it still has not been resolved.  Hope this helps yours too.
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Just waiting for the brown ice cream truck!!image
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Next notice will be "Delivery Exception". Oh no!

Is this a new radio or a repair?
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This is a replacement radio for the 6500 I have. They did a cross ship and it's here.image 
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited December 2016
    Outstanding!
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It would be great to find out what was the problem if FRS feels like share it once they figure it out.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I hv to admit confusion. Is the current advice from folks on here to not install 1.9.anything?
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

I've 1.9.9 on three radios and three Maestro's, all without issues.

So no Walt, that is not the across the board advice.

BTW it will be 1.9.13 for the most current.

Steve K9ZW

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ditto for me with 1.9.13 installed on the 6700 and the Maestro.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

@Walt

1.9.13 is good to be installed on everything

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I believe the universe averages itself out. Clearly, there is a Flex 6500 somewhere in the world happily delivering 200 watts. 
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Well the replacement 6500 is hooked up and works great, I now have RF output! Thank you FRS. This is now solved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.