No Output From Powered Speakers Connector - 6600M

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Just tried to connect my 6600M to external powered speakers, but am getting no output.  The connection is stereo.  I'm sure the cable is OK because I tried with the same cable / speakers from another device.  I don't see any separate output control in SSDR.  I think I'm missing something in SSDR, but I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

73 - David, AG4F
Photo of David Salomon

David Salomon

• 111 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jerry WA3GYG

Jerry WA3GYG

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Check the master volume setting under the Audio tag,

good luck

Jerry
Photo of Scott Russell - N1SER

Scott Russell - N1SER

• 132 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Official Response
David,

If you pull out the cable just slightly (about 2mm) do you get any output? I had the same issue with certain cables if the plug was all the way seated in the jack.

73, Scott N1SER
Photo of Duane, AC5AA

Duane, AC5AA

• 449 Posts
  • 102 Reply Likes
No problems here - do you have both master and slice volume up and not muted?
Photo of K3SF

K3SF

• 285 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
lets go for the obvious...there are a few 1/8" jack back there...would not hurt to double check it is plugged into the correct one...
Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 614 Posts
  • 89 Reply Likes
I had the same problem when they were plugged into the key jack :-)
Photo of David Salomon

David Salomon

• 111 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Scott wins the prize!  I had an el-cheapo barrel connector.  I replaced it and all is happy.  Thanks for that tip.

Thanks also to the rest who replied, including the comedian, Wayne.

73 - David, AG4F

Scott Russell - N1SER

• 132 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Yes! I'm glad that helped :)

Scott
Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 614 Posts
  • 89 Reply Likes
Hey it wasn't funny when it was happening. You don't know what I had to go thru to get the flashlight to the back of the rig to see where it was actually plugged in at!
Photo of David Salomon

David Salomon

• 111 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
We're in the same boat.  I've done that more times than I care to admit (plug something into the wrong port).  I also have the same challenge with access to stuff behind the equipment.  I moved to a new QTH about a year ago.  Because my shack/office is now much smaller than before, I have a lot less space behind the equipment.  I have to kneel on the desk and balance myself with the flashlight in my mouth in order to work on cables, etc.  I also seem to always get to a point where the area behind the equipment is just spaghetti.  I always start off with nice, neat cabling, but after some time of adding, removing and changing equipment, everything is a mess again.  With so little space to work, I haven't even attempted to straighten it out.  I'll have to move again to get organized cabling again.

Scott Russell - N1SER

• 132 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Haha... I have to keep a photo of the back of my equipment handy because I never can see where which connectors are where... :)
Photo of David Salomon

David Salomon

• 111 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Yup.  I used to actually label all my cables so I knew what went where, but that fell by the wayside as I added stuff.  Every time I need to do something back there, I kick myself for not labeling them anymore.

BTW, it's hard to balance on a desk on your knees with a flashlight in your mouth while kicking yourself at the same time. :)

Scott Russell - N1SER

• 132 Posts
  • 66 Reply Likes
Haha... that would be a great photo ;)
Photo of Jim  KJ7S

Jim KJ7S

• 182 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
I tend to do a few, more silent things, some not so silent, when I am in process of crawling, twisting, looking (sometimes in disgust) turning, seeing, but not seeing (even bifocals won't fix it all), and as such the self deprecating begins in earnest (calling myself a dumb arse, etc).  So, that said, I know where you are coming from when it comes to looking behind all that fine gear up front and seeing what a Cluster it has turned in to in the back hihi. It is a partial Godsend, at least, to see the cable runs minimized with nothing more than an Ethernet cable, coax, and power to get you running. All in Jest hihi.