Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No more power out on WSJT

Paul F6EXV
Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
I suddenly get no power out on WSJT--x (I don't either on JTDX)
But I get power out on CW, and SSB
I have checked the full configuration on WSJT, the DAX is correct, the RF power slider is correct on both ends, I use mode SSB (it worked 100% OK with that modebefore, so there is no reason for me to change that). I receive OK. The DAX on Smart SDR is blue, the DAX number is correct (1). When I do a tune with power set to 100, I do get a 100W tune out.

I just do not know where else to search, except here on the forum !
Thanks
Paul F6EXV

Answers

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I will just reply to myself...
    The only thing I hadn't tried was to restart the computer... That did the trick, now back to normal !

and sorry for bandwidth
    Paul F6EXV
  • Dave KØKQ
    Dave KØKQ Member
    edited January 2019
    Paul,

I have seen the same thing as you described. Solution found was to exit wsjt-x and restart. You effectively did the same thing in restarting everything. 
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Seems like every 2 or 3 months,, my Cable TV DVR box stops recording programs,,, after a re-boot of the box, all back to normal... They tell me this is know as Memory leak in the cable box... Even my iPhone from Apple needs a re-start every few months.. Over the last few months I had a few situations where my Flex 6600M just did not boot up correctly... Just shut it down, and then  it is all good... Seems like the Age we live in today... Not like the days when I turn on my Collins S Line, and all is well after those TUBES warm up!!!! LOL...
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yep, when in doubt, always reboot!  It has saved my bacon many times.

BTW, I would recommend using DigU with digital modes rather than USB for several reasons. 

1) It assures that TX EQ and PROC are disabled so they don't cause audio problems. 

2) You can set up a Mic Profile for WSJT that is set for 0-3000 of 0-5000 TX bandwidth and DAX ON, and it will remember these settings.

3) Once you use your new WSJT Mic Profile on WSJT once, the rig will remember the profile and link it to the DigU mode whenever you use it, and will switch back to your regular Voice SSB profile when you go back to voice modes.  No need to manually switch back and forth.

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.