Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No mike auto with DAX on with 3.4.9

FRED  W9TB
FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
Can some one tell me why I now have no mike auto out with dax on using 3.4.9 ?

Answers

• FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Sorry for the spelling. I can't get any ssb output with dax on with 2.4.9 anyone else have this problem ?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    What is your MIC input settings? 
    If your using the "PC"  Mic setting and DAX get's turned on it kills the PC MIC  this is NOT new and has never worked that I remember, Wish it did. 
    I can confirm that "BAL"anced works fine with DAX ON or OFF.

73's
    Bret
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Question for clarification:

Are you running with your Mic directly connected to the rig, or via PC Audio and your computer?

Also which rig are you using?  and are you using SSDR/Win or Maestro or "M" control surface?

Ken - NM9P

• FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
     Mic directly connected to the rig. 6600M Using SSDR
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I just tested with mine.  If I turn DAX on and use my footswitch, then I have TX Audio from the mic, same as before in previous versions.   If I use the MOX button, I do not get TX audio from the Mic, because the rig doesn't know which audio input I want - Mic or DAX.  (MOX works OK with the DAX button OFF)

I dug up my hand mic and tried it as well.  No problem with PTT with DAX button turned on.

How are you keying your rig?  with the hand mic, the Footswitch jack, or the MOX button?

You may also try toggling the DAX button on and off and back on to see if it somehow got scrambled...

Ken - NM9P
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Ken, PTT works fine but vox don't work. I like to use Romac auto id will not work if dax is off.
  • Tom Teague
    Tom Teague Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I concur with Fred and Ken.  After the v2.4.9 update, if you have both DAX and VOX on at the same time you can't get any audio from your microphone without using a manual PTT.  So when using VOX to key your microphone and programs like RoMac CW Identifier they will not work the same way it did before the update.  YOU NOW HAVE TO ALWAYS USE MANUAL PTT WITH RoMac.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I can't monitor a recorded CQ while transmitting, solution?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    You need to press dax to hear your recording.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    There is something brocken, My radio still freezes when playing audio back with Dax pressed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.