Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No DAX TX option in MMTTY sound list

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
Most annoying!  When setting up MMTTY for the RTTY contest, the drop-down list of audio devices on the transmit side do NOT include a  DAX TX option.  I do see that option in the sound device options in FLdigi.  So, I suspect that there are too many sound options for MMTTY to handle and DAX TX is not listed.  I find it very frustrating that this issue still exists in DAX audio. 

Answers

• Andy F5VAI
    Andy F5VAI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I am also just setting up N1MM+ with MMTTY with Flex 6300 and have run into exactly the same problem - no DAX TX in the list.

Anybody any suggestions?  
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    DAX TX is a recording audio so Windows handles it differently.
    Make sure you are in the correct input/output group.

You could also make it you DEFAULT recording device in Windows.

Default device might be in the list if the list it limited to the top 5 or 10 devices.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

DAX Audio TX is a Playback Device, like your Speakers.

DAX MIC Audio would be the Recording device for the microphone.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    In another thread, K6TU posted A link to a program that would hide all of the reserved audio channels making more of the non-reserved audio channels available in MMTTY. This is a Windows problem, about how Windows reports all of the sound devices to programs, not a Dax problem. Some programs are only able to display a limited number of sound devices and only display the first ten of them, for example. Also, make sure that you didn't get bit by the windows 10 update yesterday. Many users have reported this Thursday and Friday. Mine did yesterday, and I need to do some re-installation or repairs to get my cat and sound files back.
  • Art, N4PT
    Art, N4PT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have a 6500 and had similar problem with MMTTY. I went into the windows audio system and disabled all the DAX items I would never use. Like DAX audio RX 5 6 7 and 8. Do both playback and recording devices. The remaining  DAX items will be shown in MMTTY. Don't know what you do if you have a 6700.

Art N4PT
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited September 2016
    Where did you access the windows audio system to disable them ?
  • Art, N4PT
    Art, N4PT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Go to the speaker icon on the taskbar right click and select playback devices. Select the device and right click and select disable. Use the top recording tab to get to the recording devices again properties to disable.

Art
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited May 2018
    Thanks disabling the ones not needed helped, would be nice is Flex arranged for them not to be installed in the first place. Also, it seems with some applications like MMTTY the default audio setting randomly switches when MMTTY is booted.  So you set the path, everything works, and next time you use MMTTY the path gets switched to something like DAX 4 and takes a minute or two to figure out.  To be honest, I have found the constant checking, re-checking of DAX RX and TX in various areas to be really tedious .  I have spent more time adjusting these areas today than using the 6300. Giving some serious thought to sending the 6300 back and just keeping the 3000. I still can not  get TWO instances of MMTTY working with TWO DAQ receive channels in N1MM+ .  I can have DAX 1 with audio in MMTTY or DAX 2 , not both .  I was hoping for both in the RTTY contest today. 
    Andy K3UK
  • Andy F5VAI
    Andy F5VAI Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thanks Salvador. making it the default device cured the problem.

In the past I have disabled all the DAX items that were not necessary but I found that at some stage they would all reappear. 

Andy F5VAI
  • Art, N4PT
    Art, N4PT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    A lot of these problems occur when Windows 10 updates. The last major update wiped out all my DAX drivers and I had to reload SmartSDR. It also wiped out all my MMTTY settings. I had arranged for four instances of MMTTY and now they are all the same so I will have to set it up all over again. 

Art N4PT
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    To bad it is not a Flex problem, then we can fix it...
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    vous êtes les bienvenus.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.