Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

NO DAX TX AUDIO FOR WSPR

Martin Blustine
Martin Blustine Member ✭✭
This post  is in reference to WSPR and the Flex 6300.
No DAX TX Stream audio visible upon WSPR transmit, and no RF output.

Transmitter is keyed normally with CAT and red transmit indicators light on cabinet and in GUI.
TX box is checked on DAX control panel.
DAX audio is enabled on audio control panel.
DAX RX stream for DAX Audio Rx 1 appears normal and WSPR receives normally.
DAX Channel 1 is set on Slice Receiver A.

This problem appeared
1. when I inadvertently closed both receiver slices and,
2. when I set the computer speaker setting to Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

imageimageimage

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    imageIs the DAX option highlighted in the P/CW menu?
  • Martin Blustine
    edited January 2018
    Yes, thanks, George, it was highlighted.

I was unscientific about it all and performed the following:
    1. Uninstalled fldigi.
    2. Noted that there were error messages about conflicts in the IQ Streams - they were red in the screen shot.
    3. Uninstalled and reinstalled the IQ, TX, RX and MIC drivers as Admin.
    4. That did not seem to work or to clear the IQ errors.
    5. Next, I uninstalled and reinstalled the SmartSDR software v.1.11.12

6. Also, opened the audio control panel in Windows to make sure that the default playback setting was DAX Audio TX and that the record default was DAX Audio Rx 1.

After performing all of these changes in a most unscientific fashion, I now have TX Stream and WSPR is working.

However, I cannot see an audio dB level meter on the audio panel. Isn't that how the TX modulation audio level is set?

Is there one? Seems to me that there was one before?

Marty

K1FQL
  • Martin Blustine
    edited January 2018
    Geroge,
    Just noticed that the scroll bar on the right was not scrolled all the way to the top. That fixed the audio VU meter problem. The solutions to half of the problems is being observant.
    Marty
    K1FQL
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Your DAX assignments may have gotten scrambled. The next time it happens, After a reboot on your computer, I suggest opening Settings in WSJT-X or WSPR, whichever you are using, and changing your TX and RX audio channel selections to something else, and then back again. Sometimes this has worked for me, especially after a Windows update. Sometimes it takes more drastic action.....
  • Martin Blustine
    edited January 2018
    Thank you for your speedy reply, Ken.
    Yes, there were at least two Windows 10 updates since last operating WSPR.
    I think that you are spot on.
    I was able to get the receive function working by changing the audio channel selections to something else, and then back again. The transmit audio channel problem appeared to require more drastic measures.
    Will try your procedure the next time there is a problem and post the results.
    Regards,
    Marty
    K1FQL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.