Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no cw sidetone

Ken Golubski
Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Amateur Radio Interests
While I have sidetone when using CWX, I get no audio when I switch to my key. Sidetone is enabled and the volume slider is up too. It probably has a setting I'm overlooking because I installed a new SD card and lost everything I had before.

Comments

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    In the P/CW panel, the sidetone button is selected (blue) ?
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yes....blue and the slider for the volume is turned up......I can hear the sidetone if I use "CWX", but not with the key.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2020
    Do you have the sidetone volume turned up in the CW panel?
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yes.
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Here's some additional info:
    I do hear sidetone if I use the Maestro and the key plugged into the Maestro. However, plugging the key into the rear of the radio and using PSDR - no sidetone.

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I found this in the manual but I'm not operating remotely, so it probably doesn't apply:

I did turn off PC Audio and connected power speakers directly to the 6600 and I do get sidetone.
    So it is a solution, but I want to make sure that it operating correctly when I can't get sidetone from the PC Audio.

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Audio directly from the back of the radio is the best method (both for input and output) as it has the least delay.  Also, for the Tx side, SSB can use the DXE feature. 

k3Tim/7

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.