Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No communication between computer and radio.

Ed Brenner
Ed Brenner Member ✭✭
Can not get Flex 6500 to talk to computer. Have it connected direct to computer with an ethernet cable says radio not responding. Do I need to set up computer? Need some type of card. I thought it only needed an ethernet cable. finds radio so you can click on connect but then says radio not responding. Tried power down but didn't help. Thanks for helping out.

Comments

• John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited May 2015
    computer is not giving the radio an IP address... I have had this same issue.... I fixed mine with a simple hub switch or you can connect the radio to your home router and let the router set up an IP for the radio...
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Ed did you read the manual and setup CAT software this is one of the items that allows the Flex to talk to the computer and other programs and even other com ports. I'm traveling and only have my tablet otherwise I would point you in the right direction. Ian
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    If you have a router it should be easier to connect the Flex to the network and then any PC on the network with SmartSDR installed should find it and connect. If not have you followed the instructions found in the manual?

page 41 of FLEX-6000 Signature Series – FLEX-6000 Hardware Reference Manual
    8.4.2 Direct PC Connection (Link-Local)
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/flex-6000-hardware-reference-manual-1-4-3-pdf/
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Ed: You might want to reach out to any locals that have Flex 6000 series radios to help you. Can you post your location?
  • Ed Brenner
    Ed Brenner Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015

David,

that's what I did a direct connection to  the computer. If I look at the cat software when I power up the radio it will post the radio serial number and IP address. sits their working for a while then it clears it out. Must be somewhat talking. Got to be something **** I ain't doing. Bought the radio used less than a year old, was working good man passed on. Don't suspect anything with radio, 99% sure it's me.

• Ed Brenner
    Ed Brenner Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    I live in Murrells Inlet, SC. Any one close by ?
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
  • Bill N5TU
    Bill N5TU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Hi, Ed:

Do you have a firewall in your computer?  Mine quit communicating about a week ago.  My other computers communicated just fine.  After going nuts, I finally shut off the McAfee firewall, and everything was back to normal.  (I am not a computer type, so it was a matter of trial and error.)

Good luck & 73,
    Bill, N5TU

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.