No Bandscope on 80 meters

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Hi all.  I'm brand new to Flex although I spent a lot of time studying before making the decision.  Really enjoying my 6300 but have the following issue.  On 80 M, I have no amplitude display (band scope) on the panadapter.  It works on all other bands above and below.  I'm sure I have a setting wrong but can't find it.  At one point I deleted the panadapter and after adding it back, it seemed to be OK although that is not working now.  Attaching  a screen shot. Running latest ver 2 release.  Thanks..
Photo of Ken, K2KXK

Ken, K2KXK

• 28 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Ron W4RDM

Ron W4RDM

• 35 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Adjust the scope level at the right top. de Ron W4RDM

Photo of Craig - KØCF

Craig - KØCF

• 148 Posts
  • 49 Reply Likes
Oh, this one is easy! At the right end of the screen is the scale for amplitude. Drag it upward with your mouse until the -120 dB marker appears at the bottom. The bottom display shows how it should look.

Craig, KØCF
Photo of John - AI4FR

John - AI4FR

• 72 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes
See that -50 on the right hand side? Put your mouse on it, left click and hold, then drag up. Play with the up and down arrow keys above it at the top as well. Have fun with that Flex.
Photo of Ron W4RDM

Ron W4RDM

• 35 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
You can also left click hold and drag the scale up/down or use the arrows
Photo of Ken, K2KXK

Ken, K2KXK

• 28 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks so much guys.  I was using the arrows but apparently that is a fine adjustment after dragging.  All is well now.  I'm loving it.
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1577 Posts
  • 228 Reply Likes
Ken

Those arrows set the total range of the scale. from +20 dBm thru -180 dBm with a each horizontal line on the panadapter on the being a 1 dBM change in level, to 0 dBm thru -180 dBm, with each line representing a 20 dBm change. The maximum possible range is 200 dBm, the smallest range is 180 dBm. Each horizontal line can indicate a change in level of between 1dBm thru 20 dBm.

You then drag the scale to display the portion of the panadapter that your interested in.

In effect, the up arrow decreases the detail level, the down arrow increases it.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.