Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No band change after using RTTY skimmer

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
After using RTTY skimmer I could not select a band. I was able to create a slice but the band change function still would not work. The cure was shutting down the radio and removing the power from the radio, waited one minute and restarted the radio, everything normal. Has anyone seen this problem.
The radio is a Flex-6500, Win7, 8Mb memory, SDR-Bridge V1.1.3.116 Beta and RTTY Skimmer V1.00. I don't think this is an FRS problem.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    Does this behavior occur when you do not have these third-party applications connected?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    First time I see this behavior. Does not occur on another software that I use.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Tim, SDR Bridge works great with CW Skimmer, no problems after using it. The RTTY Skimmer only uses two panadapters from the radio to run RTTY skimmer, no other software, so I believe the anomaly is in RTTY skimmer. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. Thanks
  • Chris Morrison
    Chris Morrison Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm experiencing the same problem. I've just spent the past hour trying to get RTTY Skimmer Server to work in preparation for for CQWPX RTTY contest. When RTTY Skimmer Server is running I am unable to tune outside of the IQ stream bandwidth or change band. I would have thought the Skimmer Server would adjust the IQ stream around the VFO but it appears fixed. Did anyone find out the cause it? is there an option in the RTTY Skimmer server or SDR-Bridge that I'm missing?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.