Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

NO AUDIOI 1500. Software2.7.2 on i7 Win 7. Turned on Flex. drivers installed. Opened PowerSDR hit s

I have a 1500. Installed software on i7 computer. rebooted computer.Turned on Flex. Win 7 installed the drivers. Opened PowerSDR hit start NO Audio No signal on pan, after hitting start adapter just noise.All connections fine. Help??

Comments

• Pat
    Pat Member
    edited July 2019
    hello,
    try to uninstall and reinstall PowerSDR

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    you need to select your sound card info under the setup/audio tabs in the menu first
  • Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    When I powered on the 1500 did not reinstall drivers I guess that's normal.Opened Powersdr opened setup/audio tab buffer size 2048 enabled vac1, nothing . Opened the Flex radio icon says no device connected. I can redo everything.
  • Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    Tried it Pat someone else said I had to select sound card. Only one is in computer here is my response: When I powered on the 1500 did not reinstall drivers I guess that's normal.Opened Powersdr opened setup/audio tab buffer size 2048 enabled vac1, nothing . Opened the Flex radio icon says no device connected. I can redo everything.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    why are you using VAC 1?

• Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    Someone said to go into audio and activate sound card so I tried it. I do not have a soundcard only what's in the computer A fast HP I7. Do I need a sound card?
  • Pat
    Pat Member
    edited July 2019
    if you have no signal on PAN take a look to the antenna

• Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    Antenna works fine with my other rigs. I switch in the Flex with good coax switch
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    the sound is not done in your computer, it is done in the radio, just plug in you power speakers to the audio out on the radio on the back

• Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    Using headphones no audio nor on display
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I would re install PSDR, this should all be working on start up with nothing to adjust .
  • Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    Just did Bill Now computer did not install the drivers for the radio doing it again.
    It seems with computers I defy Einsteins definition of insanity.
  • Pat
    Pat Member
    edited July 2019
    take a look here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/its4q60hus68pai/Capture.PNG?dl=0
    if you have that drivers are OK
  • Pat
    Pat Member
    edited July 2019
    if you can try another computer

• Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    Did that too. Just tried the audio test nothing. Standard stereo headphone should be ok??
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    this should be a very simple install, you don't need to think about drivers, they should be taken care of. un install everything you can, re boot computer then re-install, see how that goes
  • Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    I think I will call Tech support in am. Are they helpful?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    yes they are the best, they will help you, first they will ask you to do what I just mentioned
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    make sure no anti virus or any scanning programs are running
  • Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    Ohhhh! Mcafee is running. Will try Thanks Bill On other radio will let you know
  • Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    Hey Bill I have Sound. No Sginal but one small step at a time
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    can you post a shot of your screen?

• Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    With antenna hooked upimage
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    you have no signal on ssb on any band?
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    you do have the correct settings in antenna ie. pa receive and pa transmit and also check that you dont have a transverter selected instead !
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    He has the 1500, it does not have those options, it should just work with out anything done
  • Carmine Mandarano
    edited September 2015
    No not on any band.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I don't know,,think a call to Flex, and let the help you....Can you transmit? Mic  connection? maybe the resceive is cut out?
  • Pat
    Pat Member
    edited September 2015
    the views of manipulations and photo Desktop, I am afraid that the transceiver have a big problem.it happened suddenly? no storms or antenna SETTING?

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.