Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Audio Output at power up

Mal
Mal Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
After powering up my Flex 6700 and SSDR 1.9.13 when keying the mic I have no audio output. The rig switches from receive to transmit, but no audio. I have to switch from mic to something else, than back to mic. After that the audio output is fine. I think this problem popped up with the new SSDR or the windows 10 update. The mic is a Heil PR781 connected to the front mic input.

Comments

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Check the DAX is not enable. I use a Line or PC connected mic and the DAX will sometime be left enabled after using a third party program and the next time I try to use the mic the silence is a reminder to disable it. This may not be your situation but worth double checking.
  • Mal
    Mal Member
    edited April 2019
    I did, that is not the problem.
  • Mal
    Mal Member
    edited December 2016
    I just did an experiment, I turned on the Flex 6700 and loaded SSDR 1.9.13. I had no audio on transmit. The tune button works fine. I shut off SSDR and turned on my Maestro. The Maestro worked perfectly. I shut the Maestro and loaded SSDR again on my computer. Same problem no audio. I changed the mic profile to another than back to my regular profile and the audio worked fine. I resaved the mic profile as well as the global profile. I turned off the 6700 and SSDR. Turned it back on again and I still have the same problem, no audio.
    I think this has to be an SSDR problem.
  • David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I suggest you opening a support ticket with FlexRadio.
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Check to make sure that TX DAX is not enabled.
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Sorry, I missed the earlier post regarding DAX
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    For a diagnostic test....You might also check some additional settings one at a time and see what is happening to them and if toggling any one of these solves the problem:

Mic Input  (Mic, BAL, Line, PC, etc.)  Is this changing?  Does manually selecting the front panel mic change anything?

+20 dB Mic preamp - Does Toggling this off and on again change anything?

"Remote" button - try toggling this on and off.

ACC Button - same test

MODE - (USB/LSB) - toggle to one then the other....

TX Max Power Setting (in Settings pull-down menu) - is it somehow getting changed by a profile setting?

Do you have any third party programs running that may be hijacking your audio profiles?

Have you tried exporting all of your profiles, doing a factory reset, and loading the profiles back again?

Just a list of possible things to check, if you haven't already....  Sometimes a profile can get corrupted and cause havoc....

Ken - NM9P
  • Mal
    Mal Member
    edited April 2019
    Changing the mic input back and forth does solve the problem. I don't think the 6700 is to blame, because I don't have this problem when using the Maestreo
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Maestro and SmartSDR for Windows can use different profiles, so it sounds like it is a profile issue of some sort.

I would export all your profiles.  Then do a factory reset of the radio.

Then, I'd import just the mic profile for your PR781 and test in that configuration.  If it works, then import the other profile settings starting with all the mic profiles and then the TX profiles, leaving any global ones for last, one at a time until either it all works or one of the imports breaks things.
  • Mal
    Mal Member
    edited April 2019
    Well it looks like none of my saved mic profiles work properly with SSDR 1.9.13 on my computer.
    All of the default mic profiles work fine. If I change a default mic profile and save it under another name, that also works fine. The DXEP is grayed out on my old mic profiles and working on my new PR781 mic profile.
    What a bummer, I have about 6 or 8 mic profiles, that I spent a lot of time creating. How am I going to save them?
    Mal
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Did you ever open a HelpDesk ticket on this issue?  I do not see one in the queue under your Community e-mail address.  If not, I recommend opening one.
  • Mal
    Mal Member
    edited December 2016
    Just did

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.