Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No audio on transmit from fledge

Ben Sinclair
Ben Sinclair Member
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm suddenly unable to transmit from fldigi on my 6300. It was working, but now it keys the radio, but I see no audio output in SmartSDR, or on the DAX control panel.

I've attached a screenshot showing some of my settings, which I'm pretty sure are the same as I had when everything was working.

I can't seem to think of anything I've changed, and I can still transmit fine on SSB.

I of course tried rebooting and power cycling the radio, but it didn't seem to help.

Thanks!

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Open the DAX control panel and see if there is signal deflection in the TX Audio channel when you are trying to transmit. If not, quit DAX by right-clicking on its little icon in the system tray and select Exit. Then go to the Flex Radio/SmartSDR section in the Start Menu and start it again.
    Then see if it will transit.

• Mike
    Mike Member
    edited January 2015
    Ben: I have had the exact same symptom. Spent better part of an hour trying to figure out what changed. I could find nothing. Restarting SSDR -- no effect. It turned out to be, prior to the problem,  I had to force a shutdown of the radio (hold in power button until radio turned off). When I powered back on, no TX digital audio. Eventually I turned off the radio (momentary tap on power switch, green light flashed for a few seconds, radio wen off). When I powered up again, audio was back. If your "power cycle" involved a forced shutdown, your issue may have been the same as mine. --Mike, WV2ZOW
  • Ben Sinclair
    Ben Sinclair Member
    edited January 2015
    Neal: I did open that up and check, and it doesn't deflect at all on transmit. It does on receive, of course!

I didn't quit it specifically, but I have restarted the entire machine several times.
  • Ben Sinclair
    Ben Sinclair Member
    edited January 2015
    Mike: I'll try to power cycle it again... I actually did have a forced shutdown issue earlier. I'll report back if that does the trick!
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Ben,
    I tripped on the same problem. I found that in the DAX Control Panel in the upper left corner, the TX button was grayed out. Clicking on that TX to make it red, cured my problem.
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I had the same issue with N1MM+ DVK. I had to make sure the Dax channel I was using was activated by clicking on the channel number. The make sure TX IS SELECTED and is RED.
  • Ben Sinclair
    Ben Sinclair Member
    edited January 2015
    It turns out Roy had the correct answer! Somehow TX got unselected in the DAX control panel. I didn't even realize that the TX option there was clickable, but I clicked it and everything works fine now!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.