Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No Audio on Flex 6300 Smart SDR Install

Options
Chris in CR
Chris in CR Member
edited January 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi Everyone,

Just tested and passed both my Tech and General exams this past Saturday at the Tropical Hamboree in Miami.

I made a clean install of Windows 8.1 on my iMac using Boot Camp and I have full operation of audio controls when watching YouTube or a video file, etc.

However, with the install of SmartSDR for Windows, I get all access to my radio and the controls, but none of the DAX options that installed will produce audio through the Mac.

I can hear audio when I connect speakers to rear panel on radio and headphones through front panel.

But no audio via DAX Audio as listed in Playback devices.  I've clicked through each one ans selected 'Test.'  The only device that produces sound is the Mac speaker.

I've selected each, one at a time as Default Device with the same result.

SmartSDR v1.3.8

Any ideas?  

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Congratulations!

Have you turn ON the Audio Stream? The number 1 in blue means that it is on and the red TX means that I can also use the DAX to transmit.

Also make sure you have selected the Channel on the Slice:

You probably have already turned those ON but I wanted to make sure.
    Good luck,

Salvador
  • Chris in CR
    Chris in CR Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I checked those settings and confirmed that in the DAX Control Panel audio stream 1 is selected and highlighted in blue.

Also on the slice flag, under the DAX tab, I have selected Channel 1.

In my computer's Playback Devices options I can see the green bars reflecting that audio is being received into that channel: DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 1, but nothing audible makes it out of computer speakers.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Select Recording Device (Not Playback)

You should listen to DAX AUDIO RX1

Double Click on it and Select Listen to this Device

• Chris in CR
    Chris in CR Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You sir, deserve a ****.  Thank you!
  • Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Congrats on obtaining your license Chris in CR!

And getting the audio to come through your PC.

This forum is great!
  • Chris in CR
    Chris in CR Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thanks, Rob!

Will be a big adjustment for me. This is definitely not a plug and play hobby.

But the forum already pushed me in the right direction. They are good!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.