Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No audio from host computer while connecting via Parallels Access

Bob  KN4HH
Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
edited May 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I use Parallels access while traveling to connect to my Flex using my Android phone.  Connection and receive video is fine.  However, I do not get any receiver audio.  I toggled the "Remote" box in the upper right of the SSDR display and nothing happens.  This is not a V1.6 specific problem.  It started with V1.5 and upgrading to Windows 10.  I sent the Parallels Access tech support log files from the host pc and my android units.  They believe that DAX drivers may be problem.  I have not been able to verify this. 
I would appreciate any suggestions.
73, Bob, KN4HH

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Just a thought Bob... I use VMWare fusion and had the same thing happen.  It ended up with for whatever reason fusion presented one of my dax drivers as the default audio output.  

I simply right clicked on speaker, brought up playback devices, reselected the primary audio device and clicked ok and audio came right up.
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Still working good for me after the upgrade. Running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and iPhone 6s plus with ios 9.2
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Works great for me. Just tried it on my iPhone and1.6.17 and W7. I might note Access was Alpha tested extensively with iPhones and iPads. No issues with W7.

My best guess is W10 issue Not Dax. If Markssuggestion does not fix it.

Upgrade your computer to W7 and I would be the issues go away.
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Thanks, Scott.  I do not think it is a Flex issue.  I'm using a Android phone and tablet both with no audio.
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Howard, I agree.  I am going to go back to my Win 7 machine and try it.  I tried changing the default audio device and no joy.  Thanks for your comments
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I tried that, mark with no change.  Just for grins, I am going to try each audio device and see if I find one that works.
    Thanks for your comments.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.