NM9P celebrates retirement and move to a new location.

• Praise
  • Updated 1 month ago
Just a quick note to my Flex Friends....

The movers unloaded all of our stuff into our new home in Lafayette, Indiana, today. (We are occupying the house, but I cannot say that we are “moved in.” )

After some 35 years of ministry in the United Methodist Church, I will officially be granted “Retired” status at our Annual Conference Session, effective July 1st. June 2nd was my last Sunday in the pulpit. Until then I am “on vacation,” which means....unpacking the house.

I hope to get some sort of station working within the next few weeks, but we are currently in the “I don’t know where anything is” phase!

Right now I am going through “Flex Withdrawal Syndrome.”

See you on the air soon!

Ken - NM9P
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4189 Posts
  • 1334 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 596 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
Congratulations Ken on your retirement. I can identify, only s few years behind you. It's certainly a big win to get to this spot in life vertically. Many hams in Lafayette good club and even a hamfest in your backyard. You're not too terribly far down the road from me and certainly inside the SMC circle. Good luck on rebuilding your station. Pinch youself it really happened.
Blessings.
de N9IO
Photo of Joe N3HEE

Joe N3HEE

• 327 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Congrats on retirement Ken !  I just wish you had moved into the PVRC circle :)
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 596 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
Hey Joe PVRC recently got Bill K3WA in your ranks.
Can't have em all. Hi...
(Edited)
Photo of Dave - W6OVP

Dave - W6OVP

• 306 Posts
  • 96 Reply Likes
PVRC circa 1960-61 (W4PAI)
Photo of Joe Sartori - K3WTF

Joe Sartori - K3WTF

• 32 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Congrats Ken.  I sure know you deserve it.  Now you will be able to help out the other Flexers with the Audio!!!!  Hope to see u on the bands

Joe
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1282 Posts
  • 483 Reply Likes
Congrats Ken!   The air waves have been more open since your station is down and that is not a good thing!

Do I see a PGXL and a massive tower and beam in the retirement package?  

Mark - Ws7M
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4188 Posts
  • 1333 Reply Likes
A tower for sure, but it will take a while for planning and construction. Probably about a year.
A PG XL? I dream. Finances uninsured. An upgrade to a 6600 might be first. But this is a marathon, not a sprInt!
Photo of Steve K9ZW

Steve K9ZW, Elmer

• 1454 Posts
  • 736 Reply Likes
Congratulations Ken!  

What is next now that you've done the (first) move part?

Wishing you all the best in a new phase of life!

Steve
K9ZW
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 437 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Congrats Ken!  If the "Flex Withdrawal Syndrome" gets too much for you to handle we can set you up a remote login.  All the best!  73

Cal/N3CAL
Photo of Bob G   W1GLV

Bob G W1GLV

• 750 Posts
  • 136 Reply Likes
Ken, good luck in your endeavors. I know what it's like to disturb a hobby.
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3735 Posts
  • 1599 Reply Likes
Ken

You are about to find that ur so busy that you wonder when u ever had time to work

Bon Chance de Paris
Photo of Bill W2PKY

Bill W2PKY

• 507 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
Retirement is "Just another job"  enjoy!
Photo of AB4RW

AB4RW

• 107 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
congrats Ken! good luck and enjoy
Photo of Gayle Lawson

Gayle Lawson

• 90 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
Congratulations Ken, thank you for your service to the church and your community.   You are now entering the busiest period of your life.

73 and enjoy

Gayle K0FLY
Photo of Michael N3LI

Michael N3LI

• 82 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Ach! Flex Withdrawal syndrome is very painful. Good luck on your retirement. It really does beat working by a long shot - 73 Mike N3LI 
Photo of Rick  WN2C

Rick WN2C

• 293 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
Congratulations on retirement Ken. Now you have to really go to work on all the honey doo's.
Ahhhh... retirement, where everyday is Saturday except Sunday.
Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 599 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
Congrats, Ken. I’m sure you’ll enjoy retirement as much as I do. If Flex withdrawal hits too hard, shoot me a PM and I'll fix you up with a SmartLink connection to my station,, modest as it is.
Photo of Dave - W6OVP

Dave - W6OVP

• 306 Posts
  • 96 Reply Likes
This could be a very interesting "practical test" of the capeability if the players were to report back from time to time.

PROTOCOL QUESTION: If Station A owns a Flex 6000 station and it is used by Station B in this manner, how should Station B identify? Thinking back many decades I think the station license and operator licenses were considered separate, therefore ... ???
(Edited)
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1023 Posts
  • 288 Reply Likes
Congratulations Ken! Enjoy your retirement!