Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Nextbook & Similar 10+ Inch Tablets Suitable for SSDR 1.4.3?

Bill Roberts
Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
edited December 2015 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Seeing others post pictures of their $79 8 inch Windows 8.1 tablets running SSDR 1.4 encouraged me to attempt resurrecting my 8 year old AMD dual core laptop as a somewhat portable operating platform.  As expected, it worked but just barely.  I then began wondering about the overall suitability of the new Intel Atom/Windows 8.1 tablets.  I note that Walmart is selling the Nextbook 10.1 inch Intel Atom based 1.8 GHz quad core tablet & keyboard for $179.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-10.1-Intel-Quad-Core-2-In-1-Detachable-Windows-8.1-Tablet/3909220...Somewhat more interesting to me is the HP X2 for $234 because it ups system RAM from 1 to 2 GB. http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-10-1-inch-Detachable-Personal/dp/B00NJF1IIG/ref=sr_1_4?s=electroni...   Has anyone purchased either of these devices for prolonged trial and home usage?  Many of us would be interested in learning of your results.  Thanks and best 73.

Answers

• Lyndy Brannen
    Lyndy Brannen Member
    edited April 2015
    I am running SmartSDR on that 179 dollar Nextbook right now.. Just using one panadapter. Two might work, have not tried. Flex 6300. SSDR 1.4.3
  • Kent Hufford
    Kent Hufford Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015

I had my FLEX 6500 running on a WINBOOK TW700, $69, Windows 8.1 tablet. It had 1 GB ram and 16gb of storage. When usable, the storage drops to less than 2gb. The flex ran.

However, I "upgraded" to a WINBOOK TW801, $119, Windows 8.2 tablet, with 2gb ram and 32gb storage. Seems to run better. 1.4.3 is running on it.

Kent

KQ4KK

• John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
     Last week I picked up a Lenovo Miix 2 10 64GB Quad Core 1.33GHz 2GB RAM w/ Keyboard Dock 20359 Tablet .... I fought dropouts like crazy and thought well NO WAY could I ever transmit voice over this thing.... audio was just terrible. After hours and hours of trying to get it to work I had all but gave up..... Then last night I read a post on here from Wayne VK4ACN about issues with some intel wifi chips... So off to my junk box I went... Found an old  NETGEAR WIFI stick from a couple years ago... Went out got the updated drivers from the NETGEAR site and installed the driver and the stick came alive and connected to my LAN... started SSDR REMOTE and low and behold ALL the problems were gone and the tablet works great on voice using a RAZOR KRAKEN 7.1 headset... All the reports have been great.... It sure pays to read all the post here.... THANKS Wayne... your the man!!!! What a great setup for remote now.... WHOOHOO.... now on to connecting it to my 65" HD TV via hdmi...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.