Newbie Can't Get Transmit Audio from Writelog Computer to Flex 6700 Computer

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
I am a complete newbie on Flex. I am running WL on a separate computer from my Flex 6700.  I am trying to plug my headphones and mic into the front jacks of the WL computer so I can use the WL voice keyer and also record the contest on the WL computer. I have the computers networked and I can plug the headphones and mic into the Flex and transmit and receive. I have now plugged into the front of the WL computer and I am getting receive audio through the computer, but I am getting no transmit audio from the WL computer to the Flex.
Photo of Chuck

Chuck

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Tony C kc2dis

Tony C kc2dis

• 74 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
This might be a dumb suggestion but have you set up the input source and changed it from MIC to PC? Also check your DAX settings.. that might help...
Photo of Chuck

Chuck

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Are you talking about in Windows?  I have tried resetting the Win audio selections.  In DAX, I don't have any way to change anything that I can see...
Photo of Tony C kc2dis

Tony C kc2dis

• 74 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yes have you tried setting ssdr to PC input?
Photo of Lee

Lee, Elmer

• 677 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
You may be able to do it by turning off any DAX on the SSDR computer and starting DAX on the WL computer.  DAX works with a server/client model, but I think only one instance can be active with the radio.  I haven't tried this but I think it will work

73  W9OY
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 3905 Posts
  • 1187 Reply Likes
I am not sure why you are using two computers - one for the rig and one for the logging.  Most computers can handle running the rig and a logger at the same time.  If you are out of monitor space, a better solution would be to add a 2nd monitor to the rig computer.  ....unless you are doing a two-person operation with one operating the rig and one doing the logging.....This would be helped with two computers.

Nevertheless, I would have a couple of questions....

Are you trying to have Transmit audio from both sources - the Mic directly connected to the rig and the WL computer via DAX TX Audio?
Or are you wanting to run all the audio from the WL Machine?

Are you running the rig on one machine, but wanting the TX audio to come from the WL voice keyer on the second machine via DAX?

I have never tried that, but presumably you would need DAX to be running on the WL computer and NOT on the main rig computer. 

With your mic plugged into the WL computer, Define the Mic as the DEAFULT device in the WL computer's windows Sound application, "Recording" tab..

In WinLog, define the input (Voice Keyer) recording device as the Windows Mic input you just defined as Default.

In Winlog, set the output of the voice keyer to DAX Audio TX Stream.

In the DAX Control Panel on your WL machine, activate the DAX TX Stream by clicking the button on the DAX panel that turns from red to blue.  Adjust audio slider for that channel to get audio that is almost to the far right.

On the RIG computer.....Open SSDR, and click the DAX button in the TX panel.

Try that and see if you get any audio from the WL computer via DAX.

As Lee said, you may need to have DAX turned OFF on the main rig computer.

I am not sure you can easily get the live mic audio from the 2nd computer easily, unless it is all coming through the WinLog program via the DAX interface.

To get audio TO the WL computer for recording your contacts, you will need to try selecting a DAX channel on your slice on the Main Rig computer, and then selecting the same DAX channel in the DAX control panel on your WL computer and activating it.  Then you will need to tell WinLog to record that audio channel from the DAX RX Stream you selected on your rig's slice.

As you can see, it gets very complicated trying to run the same rig from two locations.  Having never tried it this way, I am not even positive it will work...but it is worth a try....

But never fear...."Multi-Client" has been discussed and is on the highly requested feature list.  No one but FRS knows how far up or down the list it sits, because there are a LOT of requested features for future enhancement!  This may make it possible to do what you are trying to do.....

Ken - NM9P