Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Flex 6700 user.

Tom K3TF
Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
The close in dynamic range on CW is just amazing. During the contest you can really hear the difference. Thanks FlexRadio.

Comments

• Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Welcome aboard.
  • Tom K3TF
    Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Robert. Been working QSO's on 40 CW. Just finished. We are having fun now. 73 es 161, Tom K3TF.......
  • 4uengineering
    4uengineering Member
    edited December 2013
    HI. HOW DO YOU FIND THE AUDIO ??. HAVING PROBLRMS WITH THE SET UP. WHAT SETTINGS ARE YOU USING. THANKS RICHARD
  • Tom K3TF
    Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    4uengineering, Audio seems fine to me. I just use default settings. I only operate CW so I only care about the receive audio and most of the time I run the 50 hz filter so not much audio bandwidth can get by. When searching for a QSO I typically run about 800hz BW setting. Hope this helps? Tom........
  • 4uengineering
    4uengineering Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi Tom Thanks for the return. I am running settings MIC 86 COMPRESSION 66 WITH DEFAULT SETTINGS. This is the maximum i think. Listened through another radio not impressed. I use normally a Heil Pr40 with profiles on a 5000a Flex. on 6700 no profiles yet very difficult to get any power from Mic. So this is as far as i have got hope it might be of help to you. So have a nice Xmas / new Year RICHARD
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Try selecting the +20 dB on the Setup>Transmit tab. You need more gain for low output mics like the PR-40 or PR-781. I run a 781 with great results.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Welcome aboard, Tom!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    There are some threads on this community list about "great mikes" and settings for Heil mikes. You might check them out for additional suggestions. As you work with your bandwidth settings and TX EQ, watching your pan display, you can balance your frequency profile and create absolutely awesome audio for a variety of situations. Good luck.
  • Tom K3TF
    Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Ken. Still figuring out all this computer stuff. I am an EE and use to knobs and dials. I may need your help as I dive into all this software stuff. So far all the software installs and upgrades have been going well. Already looking forward to V 1.1 and getting an RIT adjustment. Tom...... K3TF
  • 4uengineering
    4uengineering Member
    edited December 2013
    hI Robert. Thank you appreciated. Just getting my head around thing. Richard
  • 4uengineering
    4uengineering Member
    edited December 2013
    HI Everybody. Thanks for the helpful replies all taken on board. Will do some testing will post results. So all the best for festive season. RICHARD
  • Ed baker
    Ed baker Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    On the lack of audio using the PR 40 . Consider a mike pre amp. your settings are pretty heavy . My level is under 50 and if i add compression it's around 5 . A very ,VERY nice Mike preamp is made by Focusrite 2I2 .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.