Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New averaging method doesn't feel like an improvement...

Michael - N5TGL
Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in New Ideas
Well, with the change to fast attack and slow delay, it seems we've managed to "un-average" the averaging function.  :(  What you guys had before (1.0.24) looked really great, and this change (US2102) feels like a step backwards to the old spastic display.

Now I realize that you can't please all the people all the time, but having a switch selection for the old method vs. the new sure would be appreciated.  With the last version, I was able to set averaging to right around 11 and it worked great...with 1.1, I have it run up to 95 and it still doesn't look quite right to me.

Can we please consider a switch selectable averaging method in the next release?  Or a way to adjust attack/decay to our liking?  I sure liked 1.0.24's method and appearance better.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Try increasing the averaging time a little bit.
  • Michael - N5TGL
    Michael - N5TGL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I've got the "avg" at 95, so there's not much room to increase.  :)  Unless I am missing another setting somewhere?  I've got FPS set at 25, which has been a pretty fluid setting so far.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I concur with Michael. Sweet 1.1 upgrade, but a "miss" on the averaging display. 
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

The new display averaging is a big improvement in that peak levels are shown instead of being averaged down where signal strength accuracy is lost.   It makes no sense to average and "dumb down" the peak signal strength.    I'm running FPS at 30, and AVG at 74.  Perhaps a bit more room up the scale to add a bit more decay time may help some users. 

Paul, W9AC

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    New method is not bad, my sets- avg=65, fps=20. For the thirst time i was surprised but i guess it can be more suitable for further under curve paintbrushing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.