Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New version of Smart preinstalled on Maestro

IZ2ODM
IZ2ODM Member
Hello guys,
a simple question ; In case of buying of Maestro (that -of course- would have last release version software) , I have forced to pay anyway for 2.2 version to install on Flex or not?

73 IZ2ODM
Roberto

Answers

• Lyndy Brannen
    Lyndy Brannen Member
    edited May 2018
    Short answer: Yes.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Your Masestro should ship with latest software, I don't think you will need to pay for the software. That is for people moving from V1.****  an optional upgrade cost.
  • IZ2ODM
    IZ2ODM Member
    edited May 2018
    Thank for both replies .It seems not so clear.....
  • Lyndy Brannen
    Lyndy Brannen Member
    edited May 2018
    Do  you have version 2 software on your Flex now? If so you will not have to pay. If not you will have to pay to upgrade the Flex radio to version 2.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The radio has the software license. The Maestro does NOT check the s/w license.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The licence is with the radio, if you have V2 your good to go
  • IZ2ODM
    IZ2ODM Member
    edited May 2018
    At the moment I just have flex 6500 with 1.11.12 ; No Maestro. Should I buy   version 2  or it will be vers.2 on maestro embedded?
  • Lyndy Brannen
    Lyndy Brannen Member
    edited May 2018
    You will need to purchase the upgrade for your Flex radio. The new Maestro will not upgrade your Flex radio.  

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Bill said it, if you have V2 on your Flexradio 6xxx then Maestro upgrade is free of course. If you do not have V2 on your Flexradio 6xxx, the Maestro upgrade is still free but it won't work with your Flexradio 6xxx. Versions must match.
  • Lyndy Brannen
    Lyndy Brannen Member
    edited May 2018
    Your new Maestro will work with either version.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The radio and Maestro must be on the same version witch ever version that may be.
    The firmware versions must match.
  • Lyndy Brannen
    Lyndy Brannen Member
    edited May 2018
    Your new Maestro will work with either version.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The Maestro will work ? I guess that depends on your definition of work. If your connecting to your radio or remotely to someone else's radio, the Maestro version must match the radio you are connecting to.
  • Lyndy Brannen
    Lyndy Brannen Member
    edited May 2018
    Yes, to get Version 2 features Version 2 must be on the radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.