Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New (used) Flex 3000 Owner, PowerSDR Install Question

Options
Hi all, i'm a new (used) Flex 3000 owner, is this the correct forum (place) to ask questions about PowerSDR? Attempting to install everything per KE9NS website, but getting an error as seen on the attachment, i've shown the directory where the program is installed as well. I'm sure i'm missing something... it's late.. and i'm tired.. :P
If there is another forum for PowerSDR, please advise (i.e. Yahoo Group, etc.).

Thank you!

Johnny Twist
K5ACL

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Johnny, this seems to be NET framework related.
    You should have NET 4.5.2 and C++ redistributable 2015 installed, as per the
    instructions on Darryl's webpage http://www.ke9ns.com/flexpage.html
    You can also mail him directly if this error persists. 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Paul_Mills
    Paul_Mills Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Did you install the original power sdr 2.7.2 from flex radio first as the directions tell you to do? It does not look like you did.
  • Johnny Twist
    Johnny Twist Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well there's the culprit, I knew I was missing something simple... will install the original today. Thanks Paul....
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If the wrong .NET version is not installed, the PowerSDR installer will either do it for you (if running off CD) or point you to the location to get it from the Internet and then abort the install process.

What is happening here is that when PowerSDR starts, it spawns a process (program) to automatically update the firmware.  This is not running on your PC.  I suspect that there is a virus program or Internet security suite that is incorrectly interpreting this process as malicious, which is is not.  If these things are running on your PC, turn them off to verify.  Then whitelist PowerSDR so it will not stop the program from initializing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.