Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Turf File Germany with 4m?

Torsten
Torsten Member
Hello everyone and have a good day.
So far my 6700 was running without defects and I still have fun with the device. Now I wanted to get over the 4m band and had to find out that I can't broadcast there. How do I get the one Turf file for Germany with release of the currently approved tapes?

My device is still on USA?

I thank you in advance

vy 73 DC9TH
Torsten

Answers

• peter
    peter Member
    edited January 2020
    Torsten, put in a support ticket on the help desk
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I don't think that you can transmit on the 70MHz/4m band, as the FlexRadios do not cover that frequency. Bit you can use a transverter, like this one: https://www.box73.de/product_info.php?products_id=4006 If you find out how to transmit on 4mtrs, please let me know!
    Vy 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2020
    As was mentioned.

You will need to open a support case and the radio will not do the 4M band.

73, Mike
  • peter
    peter Member
    edited January 2020
    The 6500 & the 6700 does 4m as well as the 6700 doing 2m but with only milliwatts output
  • GM7PBB
    GM7PBB Member ✭✭
    Hi. Did you get your 6700 to work on 4m? just noticed that my 6700 on70mhz then tune and mox are greyed out. even with the low power out the Mox button should key the radio up. Thanks.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭

Change ANT2 to XVTR - 2m and 4m milliwatts a XVTR connector, not at ANT1 or ANT2

73 Chris

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Just to repeat...

4M is only available on the XVTR port at +10dbm.

The high power RF section was not designed for the 4M band.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.