Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New to rtty and dm780 settup for xmit.

Jerry Wilk
Jerry Wilk Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am using a Flex 6300 with DM780 for winkeyer and PSK modes with no problem but never used rtty modes.  Can receive rtty signals in USB afsk mode on 20 m.  Trying to figure out the correct way to set up DM780 to xmit rtty signals correctly?  All help appreciated.

Answers

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    If your psk is working just switch DM780 to RTTY as it sounds like you have and let it rip

Should work if psk was working

Mike
    N9DFD
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Flex to RTTY setting, DM780 RTTY-45(AFSK), Reverse, same CAT/DAX settings you use for PSK, Save as a profile and you're good to go.  You will need to select "Reverse" each time you start DM780.  I haven't found a way to get it to save that parameter.
  • Jerry Wilk
    Jerry Wilk Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for your replies.  I am a little confused as to the center frequency setting of 2210 and how it relates to the transmit frequency.  When I set DM780 cursor to the incoming rtty signal (i.e. like psk31) am I transmitting directly to that incoming signal or some offset? 
  • Jerry Wilk
    Jerry Wilk Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I figured it out last night as how to use the center frequency set at 2210. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.