Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New SmartSDR v1.4 LAN REMOTE Preview Video

Greg - K5GJ
Greg - K5GJ Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
For those who want to see a preview of SmartSDR v1.4 and LAN Remote, check out the Youtube video we just posted.  73, Greg - K5GJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhMjsoqtOp0

Comments

• Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Greg - Thanks for the video. We're all excited. I did notice the call sign WC5EOC (Williamson county) was in the front display of the Flex 6700!  Is that a new feature too?? or just a Alpha test??

Now, in keeping with the prior post this morning, "we've all been to the mountain!"  :)

Thanks again,

Brent W8XG (formerly NB4AP)

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    nice job, Greg!

• L.Kubis
    L.Kubis Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Good work Guys!!

Looks very nice, anxious to have a play with it at Orlando!

Lloyd
    VE3ERQ
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That's just cruel, releasing the video before the software :-).
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Very nice! Looking forward to both the Lan remote and FM. Thanks! 73's de Mike
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Guy, at least they didn't chisel the release notes on stone tablets.  :)

This is going to be fun.  Working the gray line at the dinner table or breakfast is no longer just a pipe dream.  The XYL may feel left out, but hey - radio is radio and sunrise/sunset waits for no man.

• W6RWC
    W6RWC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    The callsign on the front display of the radio is a user configurable option in the GA version of SmartSDR.  It's accessible from the radio configuration window.
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Don't get too excited.  Your version of 1.4 will need to wait on an "American English" to "UK English" translation; and they may have a problem finding someone that "speaks" real English. ;-)
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Nice video, as always, Greg! See you guys in Yuma?
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    when we get anything close to that level of 'connectivity' across the internet, WOW, THAT will really be something, huh?

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    George  - You going to Yuma?
    I might be there too.. depending on WA3IHV getting his engine on his plane fixed in time for us to fly there.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Being that I leaned to speak Kanukian and still can spell Labor with a "U" (Labour)
    I could take a stab at the translation.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    <Waves hands in air> I'm up for a free trip to translate!

Unlike the vast majority of my countrymen, I still say 'film' instead of 'movie'; 'eyether' instead of 'eether' etc. I'm perfect for the job. :-)
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Make sure he has a few test flights in it and you do not go on the engine's maiden journey.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Why do you think he schelpped only the first 10 down, LOL?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, Howard . Hope to see you there! I'm driving down on Friday, and will be a speaker during the weekend. And hopefully have some flea market success.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Nice video. I am very excited about this release.
  • N7BCP
    N7BCP Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for posting Greg!  It would be wonderful in some future release if the radio and client could reconnect automatically without getting the disconnect pop-up and radio chooser.

-Larry
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Nicely put together video, and a *really* handy feature.  I mean, seriously: Who *wouldn't* want this?  Bravo on your excellent work.

You were *very* wise to build such clear diagnostic capabilities into the client. VERY, very, wise. Just about everyone understands "bars" these days.  Still, I can see future posts here in the community reading: "SSDR sucks because my connection stutters, drops, and doesn't work in my back yard.  It must be SSDR because my 802.11b "router" has been working FB since I got it in 2003!"
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    great posting My mouth is watering now.....Jim WU5E
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    "That's just cruel, releasing the video before the software :-)."

I think this is called ham operator foreplay.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Guy

I flown in enough private planes to understand that he needs to make the maiden journey without me.

George
    it's a 2 hour drive for me but the drive is a boring PIA over the mountain pass and across the desert from SD and we need to be up real early to make it interesting.. Flying is 30 minutes.. and the airport is just across the street from the Hamfest..
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Come on up to KHND and pick me up then! I'll buy the first round in Yuma!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Sorry.. but already have 5 volunteers for a 4 passenger plane... and that does not include WA3IHV the pilot

What is your talk about and what time will you be talking?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I C U

Saturday Feb. 21

2:20pm-3:20pmStraight Talk about Auxiliary Communications

George Molnar (KF2T)This presentation is a discussion for hams who would like to assist and support public safety communications. Anyone interested in working with organizations using the Incident Command System (ICS) should attend. This presentation will highlight how responses are organized, and how you can best participate at any level.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Great video! What software are you using to create the videos? Thanks.
  • Les W6JKA
    Les W6JKA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Nice feature. What is the wine?
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If you can get a second plane I can fly it there.

See Ya' in Yuma,

k3Tim  + SEL / IFR
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Many thanks for the preview ... Looks very good.

k3Tim

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No worries, Howard. I need to schlep my flea market stuff back and forth anyway, so that would put the ship out of weight & balance right away! See you in two weeks, where we can (with luck) swap stories about how 1.4 is working out for us.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.