New Sherwood 6700 and 6300 tests

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Have someone seen a new Sherwood test results for 6700 and 6300?
Seems to be very disappointing.
Photo of Gopro

Gopro

• 30 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 830 Posts
  • 1515 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have good news on my testing of the radio Rob Sherwood was evaluating.  What I thought might be a hardware problem turned out to be sub optimal software settings.  I am glad that Rob noticed the performance difference because it triggered deeper analysis.

Once I optimized the settings, I found that it improved the performance of not only the FLEX-6300 Rob tested but materially improved another randomly selected unit from a different production lot.  After optimization, both performed at roughly the same level (IMD DR3 in the high 90's), which is materially better than even the ARRL Lab measurements.  The hardware was not touched in any way.  

When Rob returns from his vacation, I will send him the unmodified FLEX-6300 he was testing.  We will create a new software test release that has the optimized settings.  He can upgrade/downgrade the software to compare before and after, which will demonstrate that the fix is purely in software.  While I have not had time to test this exhaustively on the 6500/6700, a quick check leads me to believe that the optimized settings will improve IMD performance of all FLEX-6000 Series radios.  

Gerald