Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Shack of N4BV

Alan Nusso, N4BV
edited December 2019 in New Ideas
New Shackimage Flex 6300, Elecraft KPA500 Linear, KAT500 Tuner, Kenwood TS9000 2 Meter all mode Xceiver. Heil 788 Mic. Computer/23" Monitor. West Mountain Radio Speakers. Love it! 500 watts automatic, all bands!

Comments

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Very nice Alan!  How do you like the Elecraft Tuner and Linear?  
    I've updated my own recently as well.
  • Alan Nusso, N4BV
    edited July 2015
    Thanks! Great looking shack. Very impressive mic. I have found the Elecraft combo to be excellent.
    Fine Workmanship and great interactive performance. Once the tuner is "taught" the bands, a very
    fast and easy process, one can go from one band and antenna to another, just bring up the new
    frequency on the Flex and hit tune and the Linear senses the frequency and goes right to the band.
    The tuner automatically recalls the settings including antenna and you are transmitting in less than thirty seconds.
    I have a transmit profile I use for the set up which I choose when using the linear. The tuner in the Flex is bypassed when using this setup. First class all the way! Enjoy the shack. Nice meeting you on the group. Alan, N4BV
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Excellent !!!! Alan.......Hope to find you on bands

• Alan Nusso, N4BV
    edited July 2015
    Great setup! Thanks Alan!
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Great station Alan.  I've been using the KPA/KAT500s with my Flex 6000 for over a year and a half.  Love the combination - Especially now that I've discovered DDUtil.   If you haven't tried DDUtil, I highly recommend you do.

I also noticed your using a PR-40 microphone.  That is the same thing I'm using.  Would you mind sharing your EQ settings you've come up with for the PR-40?   I've noticed while running 2m either FM or SSB, my 6700 requires a totally different TX EQ than it does while on the HF bands.  I have no clue why this is though.

Norm
  • Alan Nusso, N4BV
    edited July 2015
    Thanks. The Mic I am using is the Heil 788. I have not tried DDUtil yet, but I will have to familiarize myself with it. Alan, N4BV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.