Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New series radio fan failures (my two 6400s both died)

13»

Comments

• Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    BIll,

You can try to simplify it any way you want, but the fact of the matter is that these failures have occurred in three different shacks with three different antenna systems.  I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone in my shoes to be pretty **** sick and tired of it now.  If (as they say) they want investigate why they failed they can pay for the shipping to experiment with my radios.  Since they did not, it naturally leads one to believe that the failures aren't that uncommon and that they don't really care.  The e-mails I've received support the idea that the fan failures are exponentially higher than publicly reported and specifically people have told me that they don't report them because the cult of flex users (of which you are a board member) attacks them.

Go be unhelpful somewhere else.
  • KL4QG
    KL4QG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    How fans are in Flex 6400M
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Joe: Just 1 fan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.