Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New SDR Hardware e.g. FLEX-6400, FLEX-6600

DH1RK
DH1RK Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello,
reading the new SmartLink_Flyer.pdf and find there some new SDR Hardware types,
e.g. FLEX-6400, FLEX-6600 and also with Option/Suffix M.
Does anybody know something about this?

Thank you.
Ruediger, DH1RK

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

NOT Yet....

You will have to wait until Dayton to find out

• Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    "Those who know, don't talk. Those who talk, don't know." Lao Tsu
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    No comment ;-)
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Think how wonderful it would be to mirror the iPhone/Pad on the GPS touch screen and have the ULTIMATE MOBILE.
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Ur, uh, make that "Greene County Fairgrounds & Expo Center!" Br, Larry WA7LZO

• Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    The real $64k question is: What about a 6800?!
  • Larry - WA7LZO
    Larry - WA7LZO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Word on the street is the Tesla Model 3 will open up a full-blown Internet browser, which will do exactly what you want, and no stinkin' VPN will be required! I'm very high up on the Model 3 wait list, so I should be able to tell you very soon. The actual Model 3 options order sheets will be here soon, with first deliveries end of this year. I put my deposit down the day it was opened up in the US.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

My Tesla Model S has an Internet Browser with cool features like Death Rays and Flame Throwers to dissuade  the slower than molasses Prius drivers blocking the passing lane.

Unfortunately you need more than an Internet Browser to run SmartLink + SSDR albeit it works great on SSDR for iOS on an iPad

Currently Driving Laws prevent video from bring played on the screen

But wait for V2. Fully Autonomous Autopilot that is hardware available and soon to be software enabled on Tesla.  Then you can relax and work DX while your car drives you.. 

Tesla is the Flex Radio of Cars.

• Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited May 2017
    That has already been dropped - its the 6900 you want to be putting a deposit on:-)
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Good one Howard..Like "Tesla is the Flex Radio of cars" 
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

see you at Hamvention

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    CarPlay support will be awesome if Marcus is interested in it, but I suspect it will be a niche market for now.

Apple watch support would be nice too for PTT and maybe even using the watch as a mic/speaker (provided it is supported in watchkit, I haven't looked). Or using the crown as a VFO knob! Or even Siri:

"Hey Siri, I want to work P5 on 20 meters"

"OK Ria, let me look at the DX cluster. Found it. Tuning to 14.195 USB"

(and you know you read the above in Siri's actual voice, lol)

Ria
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    CarPlay is a developer's rabbit hole. Apple doesn't answer requests for developers kits if they don't like the proposed use and won't say why.

Can be extremely frustrating. We've been asking repeatedly for years with not even one response.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Yeah I figured as much. You have auto manufacturer liability to factor in too. 

Apple TV was much the same in terms of apps. They wanted big names on there. 
  • DH1RK
    DH1RK Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Some Updates??
  • DH1RK
    DH1RK Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Today, I could find something... http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/flex-6600/ Nevertheless, thanks für zur reply. Have to dive inside the details. 73.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.