Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New relaese ssdr

IK8HCG
IK8HCG Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Anyone know when coming the new upgrading SSDR relaese?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Flex generally doesn't comment too far in advance, and does not publish a roadmap. Hints may be gleaned on the Flex net (14329 Sundays), since several alpha testers participate. The best indication will be when Tim (W4TME) publishes the release notes - typically a day or so (max) from software release.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Just a guess. Based on when the last one was I would look for Christmas time or early Jan.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hoping it is soon. It's likely I will go back to the last version until they get a bug worked out that messes with my currently operating style.  I keep watching for it :)
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    There is nothing outstanding that is blocking or cannot be worked around (including by going back one version). The fall contest season is upon us and it is likely too risky of a time to push a new update. Just my personal opinion, I have no insider knowledge.

Andy
    KU7T

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Correct.  I tried 2.4.9 and it causes problems for me with CW so I went back to 2.3.9 which is where I will stay until the next release.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I just did the same.  I had forgot about the issue in the last version where it hung through the upgrade (downgrade in this case) and I had to remove power from the rig to get it to finish the downgrade.

But back working again with no quirks jumping to a CW slice and then going back to SSB slice and not having TX until I move the VFO.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Lou, you’re looking in exactly the right place. FRS usually announces new versions here at the community first. They sometimes drop a few hints a release is coming out shortly before release, but not always. Those testing prototype software sign non-disclosure agreements (NDA is the shorthand) and have agreed to wait for FRS to make announcements first. Makes sense with the complexity of making sure software works across all hardware and documentation is ready. So keep watching the community for hints from FRS employees or FRS’s official announcements. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

When this guy show's up maybe?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.