Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Profile

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
How do I get the New Profile to show up in the name box for profiles. All I can seem to do now is rename and save existing global profiles which already have a mic and tx profile as current. I want to create a global profile with no mic or tx profile assigned so it will create mic and tx profiles automatically with the same name as the global profile. Is there a keyboard shortcut. I am doing this on the front panel of the 6400m. Windows sdr is not wanted to do this now. Couldnt find anything in the 6400m user manual on this, its been a looong day.

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Wayne 
    I use the Profiles / Profile Manager in SmartSDR's menubar to rename/delete profiles.

#Flexradio

73, Jay / NO5J

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I had to reboot to get it to show up and it will not create the default mic and tx profile names that page 51 of the manual v2.1.30 says it is suposed to do. Also when I create a global profile which I thought was to allow saving the radio configuration it will not save mine pictured below ... I guess im thinking out of the box again and pushing the limits. See picture. 6400m here.

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Wayne

Have you tried it using SmartSDR for the client? The profiles menu in Maestro often fights with me too. Once saved either way, they should show up in both clients.

#Flexradio

73, Jay / NO5J

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Have not yet I am suspecting that since I only have Slice B rcvr displayed as active it wont save the configuration. It was a challenge to get only the Slice B rcvr displayed and not slice a also since it defaults as displayed even though it was not being used for amything.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Wayne 
    Touchscreens and me almost never get along, so I do the majority of the setup/configuration in SmartSDR. It's likely something defective with me though, same thing happens with my smartphone.
    Do they sell new fingers at Walmart??image
    Regardless, the profiles are stored on, and retrieved from the radio itself, so if one way works the changes will show up in both.

#Flexradio

73, Jay / NO5J

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yes I use windows smartsdr to backup my profiles created but still working on getting things setup stand alone before I do it all over again for windows smartsdr.

Next stop 2 slices A for rcv and B xmt still looking for functional way to easily switch from rcv ant 1 xmt ant 2 to rcv ant 1 and xmt ant 1 and be able to do it with profiles. No joy yet ...
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Wayne

Another, I think, better explanation of the profiles is available at ...
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-profiles-how-to-guide-pdf/ 

Might not help but you may not have discovered it yet.

I don't know of any reason you can't do what your trying to do.

#Flexradio

73, Jay / NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Wayne

Agreed. it's harder than it should be to select B slice only on the Maestro. I do it by just turning off (backlit white only). both the TX and RX buttons below the F1 and F2 buttons. 

#Flexradio

73, Jay / NO5J

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2018
    Wayne - I added your report as a defect in our bug tracker for engineering to investigate.  It is issue #6151

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.