Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New PowerSDR installation doesn't transmit, says "trial"

I recently moved my Flex 3000 to a new computer and downloaded and installed PowerSDR 2.7.2.17146. I'm using JT-65, which receives OK, but when I transmit I can hear the tones from the speakers in MON, but there's no output from the transmitter. I also hear the word "trial" spoken every few seconds from the speakers. What's going on? I've used this radio with another computer and a previous version of PowerSDR with no problems.  Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    The words "trial" are coming from your copy of VAC.  Register it to remove the "trial" nag or use the free VB Audio software instead. 
  • n5dww
    n5dww Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    You didn't move the VAC license to the new computer.
  • Dan Servais
    Dan Servais Member
    edited October 2015
    I have to reinstall Win 7 because I can't install SP1 (for two yrs now) and I am trying to prepare for the new install. I am using VAC 4.12 and would like to upgrade to 4.14. In any case I will have to reinstall VAC and I have no record of me buying it the first time (4.12) and wonder what is the best approach to take with a complete reinstall of the operating system. I have thought of upgrading to WIN 8 or 10 but I want to stay at Win 7.  Any thoughts or ideas?
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    When you purchased VAC, you received an email from the author.  In that email, you were sent a URL where you can download the current full version.  You just need the URL to download it, NO registration number needed. 
  • Jon Pearce, WB2MNF
    edited October 2015
    Right - that worked for me. Thanks to all who responded to my post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.