Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Maestro Locks-Up Wanting Permission To Run The Uploaded Software

Paul - WB5AGF
Paul - WB5AGF Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
I received my Maestro a couple of days ago and have just attempted to get it to connect to my 6500 (running 1.8.4 software).

When I powered-up the Maestro it appeared as though things were going to work - It saw the radio and when I told it to connect it said that it would need its software updated. The software update for Maestro seemed to be successful but from there on things came to a stop.

Instead of booting into 1.8.4 Maestro presented me with a UAC screen wanting to know if it was OK to run the software ... the problem is that the touch screen does not appear to be functional at that point and no amount of punching the 'yes' would cause the software to run.

Finally Maestro announced that it had a software failure and that it needed to restart.

That's as far as it gets .... The only thing that now seems to work correctly is that, after I hold the power button down for several seconds, I get a blue screen telling me that if I want the PC to shut down that I should 'pull' the blue (with my finger) to the bottom of the screen - that works ... Maestro shuts off.

- Paul Nix, WB5AGF
  Garland, Texas

Comments

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I would open a HelpDesk ticket and let their excellent customer service quickly resolve this issue.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com
  • Paul - WB5AGF
    Paul - WB5AGF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    You're right - it's done.

Thanks for the reply - I was getting pretty irritated (seems like I spend half my time watching for uSoft trying to sneak a Windows 10 file onto my Windows 7 PCs and now my new Maestro is acting up).

- Paul, WB5AGF
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I am working with Paul via the HD to resolve this issue.
  • Paul - WB5AGF
    Paul - WB5AGF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Friday Afternoon
    22 July 2016

It's fixed.

The problem was a combination of a couple of things :

1. (unknown to me) the AC power **** I grabbed out of the back bedroom had (somehow) gone bad and there's no indication on either the AC adapter or the Maestro unit (during the early start up phase I was in) that the Maestro unit isn't getting external power.

2.) a. For some reason the Maestro unit was originally configured to 'ask' if it should run a piece of software but I couldn't get the 'UAC' screen to 'see' my 'Yes' because :
         b. Without external power the touchscreen doesn't work (or at least mine didn't)

Once I found the bad power **** (and transferred the Maestro AC supply to a good one) then I was able to say 'yes' to the UAC screen (and so software rev 1.8.4 was allowed to run and I was able to connect to the radio.

Then I ran back through the process up to the UAC screen and got it to take me to the 'change reporting status' screen ... at which point I said 'yes' to having the 'slider' all the way at the lowest point (i.e. no requesting permission to run software).

Now I can boot the Maestro unit (thus connecting to the radio) without having to say that it's OK for the software to run ... my new Maetro unit works.

Thanks Tim !

- Paul, WB5AGF
      Garland, Texas

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.