Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Maestro data sheet

2»

Comments

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Good to see all you guys in Yuma ... the wx was perfecto.   It was also nice to get a chance to wwwwWWWWOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHhhhhh talk to you guys in-between F-35 fly-overs.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Steve, it was nice meeting you and the other folks from FRS.

Some time on the Maestro was very rewarding - it's a great product...

Tim
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Tim

We must have crossed paths at Yuma

C U at Visalia DXConvention or Dayton?
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    What connecting cable will I need or does one come with this battery on Amazon?
    Second thought does a cable come with Maestro?

10,400 mah

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...

Clay N9IO
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Clay, that power pack is 5V to charge phones and tablets.  The Maestro should use 12V.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Actually, the DC input to Maestro is nominally 12V, but the battery voltage is 5V to accommodate the numerous inexpensive cell phone batteries on the market.  

The Maestro includes the cables to connect the battery to the unit -- there are two plugs on the Maestro end: 1) a USB micro-B for charging and, 2) a USB A for powering the Maestro
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    THANK YOU, STEVE!!!  I had watched that video clip, and wondered about those cables.  This makes a whole lot more sense now!  I'd LOVE to see a list of ACCESSORIES with pictures, explaining the difference between the "constant torque" feet, the "30 degree stand" and other accessories.  Hopefully with prices too.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Good solution.
    Is there also a 12 V connector for portable/mobile operation like field-day? 
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Howard,

Sorry I somehow missed your post. Won't make V-DX con but perhaps Dayton. It would be nice if "Dayton" moved to Pittsburgh if you ask me.

Tim
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It would be nicer if Dayton moved to Massachusetts.Boston has awesome convention accommodations.

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    ...  and closer to a international airport
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Anywhere but Dayton FYI. Last time I was at Friedrichshafen it was Not near an International Airport but at least the bathrooms worked
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Yes
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    And absolutely INCREDIBLE dining establishments. In Boston, that is. Every time I've been to RedHat Summit, the accommodations were first class. I even know where they serve outstanding steak tartare, so I am guessing Howard would be on board. Oh, wine selection is excellent as well.

I even am willing to bet Burt would come ashore for that as well.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    2@Walt While I personally like Boston it is impractical for the major venue for hamfests. Boston has terrible traffic and no parking Dayton is near the middle of the population center and easy driving distance for most hams. You probably heard that they failed to fix Hara arena as promised. It looks like the Hamcation in Orlando will take the mantle from Dayton albeit Florida is not California
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Pgh has a huge / modern Intnl airport (it was rebuilt ~15 yrs ago).
    Not sure if there is a venue closer to the airport for a hamfest but it is likely. Airport it is 12 miles from "Duntown". There's a 1.5 million SqFt convention center in city town that could house everything.  Geographically its close to the Wash-DC to Boston corridor.

Food - that's covered.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Howard, I was referring to the convention district, walking distance from the financial district and of course outstanding mass transit. Nobody drives in Boston. Have you been to Boston since the big dig? Logan is a major international destination.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

@Walt

The issue is with most Hamfests is that Hams are CHEAP and POOR so they need to be able to drive and sleep in their RV's... Boston is not only big city expensive but also it is a at the far right of the country.  Hard to drive there from the center of Population  - FYI have not lived in or been in Boston since they started the Big Dig except for transfers at the airport

@Tim

PGH is more central than Boston..which I guess is good... those of us from California need to fly anyways.. 4 days in a car is a real schlep.

My favorite hamfest is still Friedrichshafen (Which I have to miss this year due to XYL schlepping grandkids to France)

The best thing for Ham Radio would be for the Hara Arena to finally collapse due to lack of maintenance...so the Big One can move somewhere else. But that is totally off topic....

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I've never had the opportunity to go to Dayton - it's on my bucket list - but I do enjoy Friedrichshafen. Excellent and cheap hotel nearby, absolutely first rate food and drink in the town. The only downside being it is a bit of a **** to get to!

That said, myself and Rupert G0TKZ are driving down from the UK again this year. It's a must on my calendar and it is the Sterling / Euro exchange rate that determines how much I spend there. A highly recommended trip!!

David G4NRT
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Howard, I am beginning to believe ham ops are cheap is a figment of someone's imagination. Likely 75% of the people on here bought an $8,000 radio. Not cheap. Of the 25% that bought a $5,000 version likely a third sold it at a loss and bought the $8,000 version. Not cheap. Likely a third pilgrim to Dayton Ohio once a year. Not cheap. How many go to EU once a year in addition to Dayton because there are still things that can only be bought in Europe. Not cheap. Ken is the only one I recall saying he RVs to Dayton. I've been to Pittsburgh, I don't recall one RV park. I didn't even mention those that bought the $2500 version sold and bought the top of the line. Nor have I mentioned the number who shelled out an additional $1,100 +/- for another control surface.

Then there are those that, in addition to a flex, have a complete K-line, high end ICOM, and likely a yaesu or two.
    Cheap and poor? I think not so much ;-) Yes, a little ot but the notion we're all poor is kinda funny.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

@Walt

This group may be the exception to the hams are cheap and poor rule..

It is so evident at Dayton that people are not swimming in disposable income... The RV parks are full, there are people camping in tents.. the flea market is full of **** I would not waste the gas to schlep anywhere other than the dump...

If you look at the area surrounding the Dayton Hamfest.. pure Rustbelt...visible poverty, boarded up plazas and businesses... really 3rd world...

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    What is the power consumption of the Maestro? Or the endurance per 1000mAH on the 5v internal battery? VK5CV
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

@David

I am frankly quite sorry to miss Friedrichshafen this year but the XYL sets the agenda not me...

Definitely the best Hamfest(Caveat - have not been to Hamcation but I hav) ...best technical talks (on Par with TAPR) .. best ****... best food.. and clean bathrooms that actually work and are not flooded...

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Howard, this is real Ham Spirit: i will go for you to Friedrichshafen and drink your 2 beers ( we always drink only 2 beers; the first and the last)
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @Howard, well what one can say as far as disclaimer for this group yes I agree but where that hurt my thesis I ignored it, can also be said for the Elecraft enthusiasts, EME'ers, Alpha linear owners, Promethius linear owners, 2KFA owners etc. I think it is difficult, with a straight face, to say we are a cheap, penny pinching group. Believe it or not, some people have a camper because they enjoy camping. Then there is simply going to Dayton vs calling HRO and ordering what you want with the Dayton discount extended. At this juncture I've either made my point or haven't. ... -.-
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the great info all. Ordering a battery before the surge, ha!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.