Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Maestro data sheet

Chris DL5NAM
Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
A new Maestro data sheet ready for download

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/maestro-datasheet-pdf/

73 Chris
DL5NAM

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Changes i found:

Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mbps

now

Ethernet: 10/100 Mbps

8 Ohms with THD+N: 1%

now

• Powered Speaker Output: Stereo consumer line level
     or powered speaker output, 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS

Electrical
    • Power: 10-15 VDC
    • Battery: Optional Lithium-ion battery

now

Electrical
    • Power: 10-15 VDC
    • Standard wall mount AC adapter
    • Battery: Optional Lithium-ion battery

Options
    • Removable tilt hinge feet
    • VESA to RAM® mount
    • Li-ion battery pack with charger
    • FlexRadio FHM-1 hand mic
    • Wall mount AC adapter

now

Options
    • Tilt hinge feet (constant torque)
    • Travel power pack (battery & wall wart). Each item also
    available individually
    • FlexRadio FHM-1 hand mic
    • Carry case
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Or a typo
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I don't think typo. 100 is more then max. needed

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    There are a lot of issues to manage with the very highest speed (1000 nominal) systems that FRS is wise to avoid.

Unless all parts of a home network are carefully done there is a reasonable likelihood the speed will fall back regardless, making the 1000 investment more risk than advantage.

Steve K9ZW
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Maestro consumes about 2.5 Mbps running full throttle.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Steve, that and other connectivity issues, contention, slow or failing segment, etc is what the TCP/IP stack resolves.. What ever. Thanks Gerald, for clarifying the hwm.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Bearing in mind that the Maestro is likely to cost around GBP1,000 (around USD1,500) here in the UK, it is quite disappointing that the feet and travel pack are optional extras.  I have been pestering both the UK importers for prices for these - which I consider essential but they are not able to help.  
    Generally you just turn the dollar sign to a pound sign and you are there!  Anyone know what the US prices for these options (and the carry case) are likely to be?
    I am (like so many, I am sure) waiting for this darned device ...
    David G4NRT
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    The Maestro Includes free 30 degree angled feet Adjustable ftilt eet are extra Tilt Feet (ACC-MTF) Black anodized aluminum variable tilt feet with high quality constant torque hinges. Allows tilt from 0-90 degrees from vertical. Feet fold flat for easier transport of your Maestro. $99.95 Soft-side Travel Case (ACC-SC) Soft-side canvas bag with FlexRadio logo for on-the-go. Room for Maestro, headset and numerous accessory items. This case can alternately be configured to carry any FLEX-6000 series radio. $129.95 Personally the Maestro will go in my carry on bag on airplanes albeit with the new weight (10kg-13Kg) limits and number limits (1) on carry-on I might have to stick it in with luggage in both cases the extra bag is redundant. Extra weight
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member
    edited January 2016
    Howard
    We keep seeing videos of the flex.  Are the feet on the flex in the videos the included feet or are they the optional extra tilt feet?  Do you know?
    Cheers
    Wayne
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Included; it's the standard base
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member
    edited January 2016
    ok, thanks Chris

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member
    edited January 2016
    and flex in my post should have been maestro

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you for clarifying the feet and the carry-bag.  What about the battery?  What does it contain?  If the Wifi in the battery enclosure or what?  How about price?  Finally, will there be a UK/EU charger?

Thanks,

David G4NRT
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Yes there will be a UK/EU charger $34.95. But likely they might ship a EU/UK charger with the unit to EU/UK. Albeit I need one for my travels The battery will be an off the shelf 12V Li Battery with auto start I expect Flex to publish a list of acceptable ones you could purchase locally to avoid the shipping of Li batteries issues.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you so much Howard.  That is really useful information ... 

73,  David G4NRT
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks Howard, I too was wondering about Li batteries, having read recently of airline restrictions with them. 
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    The battery voltage requirement is actually 5V.  While any battery technology is probably OK, the recommendation is for Lithium Polymer (abbreviated LiPo, LIP, etc) because of the compartment size and shape and the energy density of a LiPo battery.  There are two ports required on the battery -- a female USB A port for discharge and a female USB Micro B for charge.  There are other size, capacity, etc. requirements and recommendations and by Maestro launch we'll have posted these.  

You should be able to buy batteries for about $25 that will last on the order of 5-6 hours each.  While we have not tested this part of the design yet, Maestro should allow hot-swap of batteries meaning you will get a warning of discharge on the battery in the unit and you will be given some time (probably a couple of minutes) to put a new battery in without a restart of the Maestro occurring.  This means you could pay on the order of $100 for 4-5 batteries and run Maestro off these for a 24-hour period with no external power and no restarts.  

This is currently a "wireless only" feature -- if you are running wired Ethernet, the loss of internal power will disconnect the Ethernet and the radio will likely disconnect before you can juggle a new battery into place.  We're thinking about whether this is a problem or not -- the general thinking is that you are most likely to run "shore power and wired Ethernet" or "battery power and wireless" making this a non-issue for the wired crowd.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    The battery voltage requirement is actually 5V.  While any battery technology is probably OK, the recommendation is for Lithium Polymer (abbreviated LiPo, LIP, etc) because of the compartment size and shape and the energy density of a LiPo battery.  There are two ports required on the battery -- a female USB A port for discharge and a female USB Micro B for charge.  There are other size, capacity, etc. requirements and recommendations and by Maestro launch we'll have posted these.  

You should be able to buy batteries for about $25 that will last on the order of 5-6 hours each.  While we have not tested this part of the design yet, Maestro should allow hot-swap of batteries meaning you will get a warning of discharge on the battery in the unit and you will be given some time (probably a couple of minutes) to put a new battery in without a restart of the Maestro occurring.  This means you could pay on the order of $100 for 4-5 batteries and run Maestro off these for a 24-hour period with no external power and no restarts.  

This is currently a "wireless only" feature -- if you are running wired Ethernet, the loss of internal power will disconnect the Ethernet and the radio will likely disconnect before you can juggle a new battery into place.  We're thinking about whether this is a problem or not -- the general thinking is that you are most likely to run "shore power and wired Ethernet" or "battery power and wireless" making this a non-issue for the wired crowd.
  • Peter PH0PPL
    Peter PH0PPL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Steve what size (height, width and dept) of powerbank would fit the Maestro battery compartment? Any recommendation on capacity (10000+ mAh)? On youtube there is a video showing a Mogix powerbank, unclear what size or capacity that one is.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This battery is not available in the UK. Will an alternative be suggested for buyers outside the US? I do not think that batteries of this type are allowed to be sent by air from the USA. David G4NRT
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This one

http://www.tenergy.com/51063

slightly longer (6" instead of 5.5").  Wonder if it would fit.  I have aforementioned battery and one of several things I like about is the metal case for protection against damage.

http://www.tenergy.com/51060

a shorter but thicker battery. Wonder if that would work. 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I know this size fits in my Maestro and yes it charges in the Maesro from AC Size (LWH): 5.3 inches, 2.9 inches, 0.47 inches
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thank you Howard. I'll convert those sizes to metric and see what will fit!! David G4NRT P.S. I think that America will go metric inch-by-inch!!
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'll bring my "mic" to Yuma Hamfest (this weekend) and determine the max size possible.
    It might be interesting to have an optional battery cover that allows a thicker battery to be used.

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    C U in Yuma
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    They tried to in the 1970's but it failed because the lunatic fringe thought it was a Communist Plot to make it easier to invade the USA.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hey Howard,

Looking forward to meeting you in person..

Tim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.