Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Flex 6700 User with a couple of questions

Options
W9TVX
W9TVX Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello all, 

I just received and installed my new 6700 last night having move to it from a K3S. I've managed to get DDUtil, Log4OM, WSJT-X and my expert 1.3k amp successfully connected.

So far I'm quite impressed with the experience, but do have a couple of quick questions that I was hoping some of the experts on the board can help me with: 
  1. I have SmartCAT setup with a virtual com port to which I connect OmniRig and subsequently Log4OM. It all seems to be working quite well; however, it seems that the architecture is such that a slice must be dedicated to the com port. What I would really like is for the com port to follow whichever slice is the active slice. This would allow me to pounce on signals on different bands/slices. I'm not sure if there is a way to set up this kind of configuration? 
  2. My next question is in regards to FlexControl. I have successfully set it up, and it tunes the frequencies; however, I have set one of the aux buttons to put the radio into 'tune' mode; however, this doesn't seem to have any effect. Am I missing something?
Thank you in advance for you help and patience with a newbie

Ross
W9TVX

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What many folks do is set up multiple COM ports or TCP ports and dedicate one for each slice.
    You can also select whether or not each port will "Auto-Switch" the Transmit to that slice when activated by the Digi program.  This can be very handy if running multiple programs at the same time.  Whichever one wants to transmit will take over the Active TX.

As far as FlexControl Knob...make sure that you have a slice set to Transmit, or the AUX button won't tune.  I haven't run that particular function for a while, though.  I will check it when I get home this evening.

I have made very good use with setting AUX1 to change the active slice.  I can toggle through 4 slices with the button.  I wish there was a similar one that I could toggle through Active TX. ( I know there is a function on FRStack that will do that.)

• W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thank you Ken for your help. I still think it would be very useful if a com port could be tied to the 'active slice' this would allow logging programs to follow the radio. So if the operator makes slices that are monitoring different bands active by clicking on a signal, then the COM port would follow. I can this be very useful for contesting

Regarding the FlexControl, I managed to get a number of other functions working; however, tune doesn't seem to want to work if with a slice set to transmit
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    My next question is in regards to FlexControl. I have successfully set it up, and it tunes the frequencies; however, I have set one of the aux buttons to put the radio into 'tune' mode; however, this doesn't seem to have any effect. Am I missing something?
    You might be missing something. "Tune" doesn't mean activate the tuner. It means that the big nob will tune the frequency. 

Here's my setup for a contest I work (QRP Fox Hunt):

If I tap AUX3 the big knob adjusts XIT. If I tap the big knob then the knob tunes the transceiver frequency.

I don't think there's a way to activate the tuner from the FlexControl in SSDR. Maybe DDUtils? Hope I didn't misunderstand the question.

Kev K4VD
  • W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi Kevin, 

That makes perfect sense (as I slap my forehead) - especially in the context of how the buttons on the FlexControl work

Thanks

Ross

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.