New Flex 6600 online

• Praise
  • Updated 8 months ago
UPS delivered to my work about noon.

I left for home about 4pm.  I have a 30 minute drive.   The radio was online by 5:15.

I was able to import many of my 6500 settings and so far it seems a-ok.

I see a few differences in the radio setup panel.  One I like a lot is the control of the 10mhz reference.  However it is not seeing my external GPSDO so I'll have to debug that. 

The change to the 1/4 TRS plug for mic means I'm gonna have to get a converter.  I don't happen to have the XLR to TRS ends I need.  No big deal as I do not do that much voice and I have USB mics that will work just fine.

So its up and running.  I'll play for a while and hopefully this weekend complete the install the way I want it to be.  Right now it's sort of sitting on a shelf near the cables to the 6500.

Thanks FRS!
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1011 Posts
  • 360 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1011 Posts
  • 360 Reply Likes
Ok external GPSDO now working.  It had lost power input.
Photo of Richard McClelland, AA5S

Richard McClelland, AA5S

• 276 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Hi, Mark.  Did you get a new job?  Nothing in Fort Collins is a 30 minute drive unless you're driving down College avenue at 5pm on December 24th.  <grin>  My commute is 10 minutes.  <double grin>    Even better, my wife's office is in Dallas and she works from home <triple grin>
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1011 Posts
  • 360 Reply Likes
LOL ok Richard, I exaggerated.   It was 4pm traffic down Taft hill and with a new Radio in the car it felt like 1/2 hour...  Plus every big damn truck was in the left lane too.  Can't figure that out...

I do work in old town and live off Harmony so pretty much across town.
Photo of Richard McClelland, AA5S

Richard McClelland, AA5S

• 276 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
No problem at all...  Half the population here works in Denver so crazy, stupid long commutes are quite common.  I was going to offer you a job if you were doing that.
Photo of KM6CQ - Dan

KM6CQ - Dan

• 171 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
Enjoy your new radio Mark. My 6600 has been working perfectly since Flex replaced the fan. It is very nice to have it back.
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1009 Posts
  • 360 Reply Likes
Hi Dan,

Now that you are a pro you need to tell me what new things I am not aware of on the 6600...

Receiver seems great, better than my 6500 and just made a CW contact to canada and that went well.
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4015 Posts
  • 1242 Reply Likes
Congrats on the new arrival. You are going to love it!