New Flex 6500 dead again, three times in three months

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
I purchased a Flex 6500 from you in July of this year. It arrived DOA. Your service department repaired a hardware problem. In August and September numerous lockups and the radio going deaf were observed. Finally in September a lockup and becoming deaf was permanent. Your service department replaced more hardware. I received the radio back this week and put it back in service noon on Friday in a receive only mode. Within eight hours the radio failed again. The radio was deaf there is no noise floor but the software is fully functional on the computer. The usual attempted remedies of restarting the software resetting the radio to factory defaults have all failed.

This was a new radio three months ago and never functioned correctly. You have repaired it two times and now I have a third major failure. I obviously am disgusted with the entire situation. I have nine (9) other HF radios, ICOM, with no problems. I was hoping Flex was going to be a great experience and it is turned out to be a disaster. Although your service department has been conscientious and polite, I think we all have to admit that you sold me a lemon or a dud.

I respectfully request you replace the radio with a new one immediately.

If that option is not acceptable to you I request my money be refunded in full.

William King
K8WLK
Photo of Bill K8WLK

Bill K8WLK

• 19 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9022 Posts
  • 3423 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.