Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Flex 6000 and IPad Question?

I have a Flex 6000 series coming and wanted to know if the Ipad Pro would be good for it? Also, Does the flex system itself need to be connected to my desktop and then connect my ipad pro or can the flex system be directly connected to the router bypassing my desktop?Thanks,73

Answers

• Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The iPad Pro is a great tablet.  I connect my Flex 6400M directly to the router hub not to the PC.  This worked very well for me.  The iPad app for Flex by Marcus works FB with the iPad Pro.  
  • David McDonald
    edited June 2018
    Ok thanks for the response ,so I can setup the initial settings from the ipad after installing the sdr app from the IOS store?
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    That should do it.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I have 6600 for a week and still in a process of learning it. I was very interested in iPad experience, however installed SSDR on iPAD pro 128gb last week and experiencing intermittent unresponsive buttons. I have to close App and reopen several times to make certain button working. This morning I could not unmute speaker, many clicks did not do anything, I still could move across the band and switch bands, but unmuted speakers only after closing/ opening App twice. I am not sure it worth the price yet, unless someone could tell me there is some configuration I have to change. Sergey, KN7K
  • David McDonald
    edited June 2018
    Might be an adjustment or software issue because I have watched several you tube videos of guys using them with Ipads without problems. Thanks for the information.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Could be and I am trying to find out if there is any optimization settings for iPad.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

@David

I have used SSDR/iOS from 29 countries now over 3G, 4G and WIFI.. works fabulously both on my iPad Pro and my iPhone X.   It's even worked over the **** connections on Airplanes and Hotels.  Definitely works well from my cars in SOCAL and in France over 4G

@Sergey

It's probably your network connection rather than SSDR/iOS.  How fast is your home network - upload, download speeds, LAN Speed etc?

Suggest you try lowering display/waterfall refresh rates under the displays tabs and perhaps use the low speed network setting in SSDR/iOS

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I changed from 2.4G to 5G my home WIFI network - same thing
    You can see here, working after closing and reopen again.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V-wavY9I1eAE8TQMKqH84fNElOkCGEuM
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I followed up instructions for "common issues" and reduced FPS and Rate, also changed Net to Slow. While panadapter barely moves, all icons respond fine. This is just on about 2h of testing. So far looks ok. I did not test any TX functions yet, only RX.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    David,
    Sorry to hijack your thread, but I decided to ask following question here since it is related and maybe you would like to know answer as well. Hope other users could answer.
    I purchased SSDR for iPAD and hoped I would be able to use it on iPhone as well, just to check propagation and maybe listen. I do not see any other option besided to purchase it again.
    Question: Is putchase limited for 1 device only? Is there any way to use it on iphone since I already paid for iPAD?
    Thanks
    Sergey, KN7K
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    As long as the iPhone and iPad are on the same iTunes account you should only need to purchase it once.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Cool, I had only choose to buy it again on iPhone. I click cancel, and than another screen popped up saying that I already purchased it and if I would like to get it for free. I said Yes and now it working on iPhone as well. Thank you

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.