New Flex 5000C user. ANF works great but I can't seem to get TNF to work. Yes I have read the eight page "white paper". Any advice?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
I am a relatively new Flex 5000C user. Very satisfied.  ANF works great but I can't seem to get TNF to work. Yes I have read the eight page "white paper". Any advice? Looking for step by step "TNF for dummies" level info here
Photo of Dave Vittum

Dave Vittum

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 131 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
You have to click on TNF then +TNF
Photo of Dave Vittum

Dave Vittum

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yup that is precisely what I do. TNF button ights up when I click.  TNF+ lights up but only as long as I hold mouse button down then it goes out.  See no change in display when I hit TNF+; the eight page white paper says TNF+ button should result in a new notch showing on screen which I can control (depth and width). I must be missing and intermediate step?
Photo of Robert Fraley

Robert Fraley

• 26 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You may have to expand the view to 4 times in order to see it. Then when you see it touch it with mouse hold it and drag up or down to expand.
Photo of Dave Vittum

Dave Vittum

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Tnx that did the trick. appreciate the rapid response!
Photo of Robert Fraley

Robert Fraley

• 26 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Which version as Fred was asking? PowerSDR version 2.7.2?  I Have now a much more advanced version that you would love if you like the SDR software. The website is a bit advanced but is not hard to load. Let me know.
Photo of Dave Vittum

Dave Vittum

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Using really old version (2.5.3.14628) but works well. solved most of the problems I asked about (including TNF; memory register etc).  This is a borrowed rig (long term loan) so will probably just go with the flow - loving it! Thanks for all the advice gang
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2764 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
Then just go get the latest Version, install it and enjoy.
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 131 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
What software ver are u using ?