Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Email Address - Must I Change my SmartLink User to the New Email Address?

Lawrence Libsch
Lawrence Libsch Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My email address has changed. I see where I can change my email address in my Flex profile. Can I keep my SmartLink Login? Or must I change my SmartLink user to my new email address?
K4KGG, Larry

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    Hi Larry

You can keep your old email address for a SmartLink login, but keep in mind that if you have to do a password recovery, it will fail.  

I would highly recommend that you LogOut of SmartLink and then create a new login with your current email address.  

Mike 
  • Lawrence Libsch
    edited April 2020
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I've never logged out of SmartLink. If I log out of SmartLink to make a new login with my new email address will I need to work through the entire process of registering the radio with the hand mic? Or do I just log out and log back in with my new email address?
    K4KGG, Larry

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2020
    Yes, you will have to redo the PTT registration.  If you are using V2 of SmartSDR, it is in Section 8 of the manual and for V3 it is V3.   Do NOT do this change if you are remote and wait until you are home with the radio since it is not possible to do a registration remotely unless you have a remote PTT switch.  

Let me know how you make out.
  • Lawrence Libsch
    edited April 2020
    Hi Mike,

I am presently remote, using Smart Link via computer interface with no radio in this location. As you advise, I will wait until I am back at home with my station to attempt logout, redo of PTT registration and new email login. Your advice is very much appreciated.
    K4KGG, Larry
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited April 2020
    Good idea!

I run a lot of remote, and a long time ago, I added a remote PTT Web Switch ... just in case.  I guess I have learned from 16 years of remote HF operating! :)  

It was easy to do, just use the PTT connector on the back of the radio (RCA) to a remote Web Relay.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.