Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Category- “BKM” or “How To” proposal

Sergey KN7K
Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in New Ideas
I am reading pretty much all posts last 4-5 month and while there are a lot of useful information it would takes a lot of time to search anything specific through all posts. I would like to suggest to add (unless it is already exist and I am not aware of it) a new Category with all information user learned during theirs configurations and call it Best Known Method. Example: - how to configure WSJT with 6600/6400/m - how to configure Smart SDR for noise reduction - Headphones connection (specific type to each radio) - how to configure specific Log SW with your radio - how to setup a remote connection - links to Youtube video for specific issue - etc ... What I used to do is a take a snapshots of my LogHX settings and Microham Station Master and paste it to Excel, N1MM with Microham or my Log settings to WSJT screenshots. I use them as my Best Known procedure to reconfigure everything quickly if needed. I sent these excels to other HAM’s to help to configure their setups. I think such category could be useful for beginners, for troubleshooting or people like me that still on the edge to get Flex or not. Have a good day. Sergey, KN7K

Comments

• kd5foy
    kd5foy Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I agree, согласен
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I agree, last night I watched Al K0CN YouTube on how to connect the Flex 6000 series to N1MM+. Google and YouTube search are helpful but "BKM" might work.
  • W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree as well. Everyone would enjoy and benefit from better organization of how to info/videos
    Jim - W5AP
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    We have a category for that.  It is called Third Party Applications and Products

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.